Kalik | Commonwealth Brewery Ltd.

poor
KalikKalik

Commonwealth Brewery Ltd.
Bahamas
heinekeninternational.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by kbub6f on 03-18-2002

1.23/5  rDev -53.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Tastes like sulfur, horrid stuff

1.25/5  rDev -53%

1.25/5  rDev -53%

1.26/5  rDev -52.6%

Why in the world did I pick up a 6er of this...Why?

This may quite possibly be the worst beer I have rated on this fine website. I picked this up being open minded and reminding myself I have found some gems I thought were turds along the way. Well, this ended up being a sad turd. The look was your classic piss-colored brew, though it did have a nice white head to start off with. The smell and taste were simply not good - no scent of hops or malt, just a skunky odor and taste that was miserable from start to finish. The feel was about the only thing notable as it had a spicy quality to it that was of surprise to me. Overall, I split the difference and I'm not wondering how in the heck I am ever gonna finish the other five I have.

1.42/5  rDev -46.6%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a pale yellow color with a very thin head that fades almost instantly and leaves no lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of light pungent malts, adjuncts, grain and a tiny bit of hops.

T: The taste has very little to it, some grain and malt breadiness and some adjunct sweetness. There's a very mild hops presence. The after-taste is slightly bready and slightly sweet.

M: Crisp but not very smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, clean finish.

D: Not tasty at all, doesn't go down very easily, not filling at all, mild kick, not a good representation of style, this is simply not a good beer in any way.

1.5/5  rDev -43.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Gross beer, worse then keystone

1.58/5  rDev -40.6%

My brother brought a sixer of this back from vacation last week. Light straw in color with a white head. Corona like taste with a bit of hops and grass. Hey, this is a lawnmower beer after all. Salty, dry finish that left a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

Yuk.

1.59/5  rDev -40.2%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bottle: Poured a super bright golden yellow color lager with a pure white foamy head with light retention and light lacing. Aroma is dominated by corn adjunct notes with very little else to report. Taste is also dominated by sweet corn notes with some adjunct clearly coming through. Body is light with medium carbonation. This one is probably best left to drink ion the beach under on a hot sunny day.

1.65/5  rDev -38%

This was just one really bad beer. It seemed very much like a Corona with a different name. I thought this might be sort of refreshing but I was wrong. Had a little corn taste in it and was very watery. The body was weak and there was a slight metallic taste in there. The finish left me with an odd bitter/skunk taste in my mouth. The sixer I got of this might have all been somewhat skunked but I guess that's what they get for making it in clear bottles.

1.71/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Just tastes like another light beer

1.75/5  rDev -34.2%

Kalik from Commonwealth Brewery Ltd.