Kalik | Commonwealth Brewery Ltd.

KalikKalik

heinekeninternational.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by kbub6f on 03-18-2002

3.3/5  rDev +24.5%

A summer breeze flows through the palm tree's fronds and brushes my face with a sweet refreshing coolness that suggests "welcome"-and I smile. I just arrived to Nassau Bahamas where Kalik gives you the style of a local with the swag of one of Tupac's vey own homies. I guzzle down the juice of Kalik and I shudder as the tropical water flows through my veins. I sway a little as I attempt to recycle but unfortunately drop the glass on the road. My heart breaks as the bottle shatters before my eyes. That bottle, which held one of the most beautiful beers on the planet, which gave me my swagger, my new bahamian life, has been destroyed. As I start to break down in tears, staring at the ground, this wonderful foot steps into my sight. The foot has skin white as a ghost with red hairs orange as an orange, the fruit. She caresses my body and pulls out another kalik from her purse. I glimpse waterfalls of red hairs hanging from her underarm. Her name is Aoife, and she lies in nettles with me with kaliks surrounding our bodies. Anyway, long story short, Kalik landed me with the most amazing girl ever and it tasted great

3.11/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Pale golden coloring but the head is soapy and light.

The scent is grainy with cereal like maltiness and even some lemon. Weak but not off putting.

Strangely I find the taste quite satisfying. Light cereal malts, German influences with a bread, cracker dryness. Not much wateriness, as I find in the other hot weather quenchers, I wasn't yearning to throw a lime in it.

Overall, I like it and I liked it more than many of the same genre.

1.5/5  rDev -43.4%

1.75/5  rDev -34%

3.75/5  rDev +41.5%

2.75/5  rDev +3.8%

Kalik from Commonwealth Brewery Ltd.