Landmark Lite | Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)

Awaiting More Ratings

Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)
Wisconsin, United States
greatdanepub.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

For those looking for a lighter beer that tastes like beer, it's a Landmark! Our brewers use only the finest malts and hops to create the cleanest and freshest taste possible. Our lightest brew goes down smooth and easy.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-01-2005

2.75/5  rDev -14.3%

3.53/5  rDev +10%

Served in a shaker pint glass at the Madison brewpub.

Now begins the Great Dane portion of my pre-interview extravaganza. This offering pours a clear pale straw topped by a half-finger of white micro-foam. The nose is pretty weak and monotone, comprising only light wheat and corn. The taste brings notes of wheat, corn, sourdough, and a very light splash o' lemon zest. The body is light, with a very-light moderate carbonation and a dry, crisp finish. Overall, a nice bit o' light brew, something, if possible, I could easily see myself downing bottles o' this during the summer months.

3.02/5  rDev -5.9%

3.22/5  rDev +0.3%

Served in a large pilsner glass.

A=Nice yellow shade with a decent head...inviting.

S=Initially, this smelled awful...I detected a bleach smell, probably from the glass...about 2/3rds the way though, it had a decent strong smell of hops...but somewhat reminiscent of how a house would smell after a large keg party.

T=Not bad for a "Light"--very strong hops at first, but seemed to mellow as I progressed. Slightly more flavor than your mass market pilsners, but less flavor than your typical lager.

M=Rather good for a light beer...not watery.

D=I admit it was tough at the start, but the taste grew on me.

2.5/5  rDev -22.1%

Landmark Lite from Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company (Downtown)