Circus Boy The Hefeweizen! | Magic Hat Brewing Company

Circus Boy The Hefeweizen!Circus Boy The Hefeweizen!

Magic Hat Brewing Company
Vermont, United States
magichat.net

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Unfiltered and unfettered, Circus Boy is a unique and refreshing American-style Hefeweizen. Is he a who? Or a what? Or perhaps some of both? Be amazed by the flavorful haze of this wonderful wheat beer.

Added by Jason on 02-03-2006

Ratings: 1,678 |  Reviews: 661

Upon drinking this beer I was dissapointed there was only one in my Make your own six pack. A six mind you that up until this was very poor.

First off. I cannot even describe how drinkable this beer is, its the perfect mix of light and flavorful. I could have finished this beer in ten seconds had I not wanted to savour it.

I dream of the day I can have this on tap.

Excellent for what it is -- a gateway/session beer. I generally like extreme beers with huge hops, but now and then crave a nice refreshing hefeweizen, and Circus Boy fits the bill. (Almost a pun there.) Creamy mouthfeel, taste is lemony with a touch of apricot. Toned down but not as pallid as many American wheats. A good companion to Magic Hat's terrific flagship brew Number 9. Extremely drinkable. Bizarro (and appealing) name and label.

4.92/5  rDev +43.9%

great hefeweizen, light, smooth, taste great

4.65/5  rDev +36%

#1 favorite beer of all time. Perfect beverage for any setting.

4.65/5  rDev +36%

This beer is awsome. The brew has a golden, cloudy appearance but you do not see the yeast floating in the beer like you do with other Hefe Weizens; in fact even though Magic Hat calls this beer a Hefe Weizen it is classified as an American Pale Wheat Ale.

The Beer is a golden yellow with a minimal head. The smell is like, well, have you ever smelled a vat of warm yeast at a brewery, now imagine the same smell but the vat is full of cold brew; (this beer is best served cold), Some might find this smell unpleasant; I do not. I can not smell any spices in this beer and I don't think Magic Hat put any in there; it works for me.

The main reason I love this beer is that it goes down SMOOTHLY with no aftertaste.
From what I have read people either love or hate this beer. Well I LOVE it. This is my favorite beer from Magic Hat.

Circus Boy The Hefeweizen! from Magic Hat Brewing Company