Heart Of Darkness | Magic Hat Brewing Company

Magic Hat Brewing Company
Vermont, United States
magichat.net

Style: English Stout

Our inky-black stout had a smooth, round palate with a dreamlike undercurrent of bittersweet chocolate. This dense liquid-silk summoned hope from hibernation and balanced winter's endless white snows with a rich swirl of creamy black rapture.

Added by stirgy on 10-03-2001

Ratings: 1,387 |  Reviews: 326
4.79/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.76/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Found myself trying this for the first time a few weeks ago being a winter seasonal, and man is this a great winter beer. Then a week later all I wanted was this specific taste. Dark, toffee, thick feeling quality, nice sharp finish , one might think this was an imported English stout. Would love to drink this and hobgoblin at same time and compare. Not weak either surprisingly buzz worthy but better to drink before any other beer as this taste Truly needs to be appreciated to its fullest. Great contrast to Magic hats other orange lemony zest beers/IPAs which I find typical amongst others. Definitely a stand out brew.

4.76/5  rDev +21.7%

4.75/5  rDev +21.5%

hadn't heard of this until my cousin offered me one when i was visiting.

i was knocked out by how good it is. unbelievable. coffee, sweetness. excellent.

immediately one of my favorites.

look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I generally don't like Magic Hat, but this is my favorite chocolate stout. It's widely available in the winter and incredibly smooth. Every time I see a six-pack I buy one.

Heart Of Darkness from Magic Hat Brewing Company