Heart Of Darkness | Magic Hat Brewing Company

Magic Hat Brewing Company
Vermont, United States
magichat.net

Style: English Stout

Our inky-black stout had a smooth, round palate with a dreamlike undercurrent of bittersweet chocolate. This dense liquid-silk summoned hope from hibernation and balanced winter's endless white snows with a rich swirl of creamy black rapture.

Added by stirgy on 10-03-2001

Ratings: 1,414 |  Reviews: 335
4.94/5  rDev +27.3%

This is simply the finest stout made in New England. Beutiful roasted coffee aroma. Starts off a little sweet but finishes crisp and dry. Very drinkable.

4.83/5  rDev +24.5%

Big rich malty light brown head is settling so slowly above this super dark brown to black colored beer that appears to be clear if one could only see through it,

Light dark aroma of well roasted grain malts with just a hint or tow of fresh brewed coffee.

Rich dark roasted malts are the backbone of a rich tasting stout that brings with it fresh brewed black coffee and dark chocolates.

A lighter dryish aftertaste that has just a bit of the dark malt taste remaining on this full bodied beer.

I'm gonna have to try this with a scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream and maybe some raspberries, yup I think I just found desert. This was the perfect beer for today, I wish I could find a perfect beer everyday.

4.79/5  rDev +23.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.76/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Found myself trying this for the first time a few weeks ago being a winter seasonal, and man is this a great winter beer. Then a week later all I wanted was this specific taste. Dark, toffee, thick feeling quality, nice sharp finish , one might think this was an imported English stout. Would love to drink this and hobgoblin at same time and compare. Not weak either surprisingly buzz worthy but better to drink before any other beer as this taste Truly needs to be appreciated to its fullest. Great contrast to Magic hats other orange lemony zest beers/IPAs which I find typical amongst others. Definitely a stand out brew.

4.76/5  rDev +22.7%

4.75/5  rDev +22.4%

hadn't heard of this until my cousin offered me one when i was visiting.

i was knocked out by how good it is. unbelievable. coffee, sweetness. excellent.

immediately one of my favorites.

look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I generally don't like Magic Hat, but this is my favorite chocolate stout. It's widely available in the winter and incredibly smooth. Every time I see a six-pack I buy one.

Heart Of Darkness from Magic Hat Brewing Company