Nicie | Short's Brewing Company

good
good
Read the review
NicieNicie

Short's Brewing Company
shortsbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Availability: Summer

Nicie is an American Wheat Ale brewed with orange zest, lemon zest, coriander, and a hint of peppercorn. Orange-gold in color and light in body, Nicie is infused with the scents and flavors of fresh citrus. The subtle taste of coriander and spice of peppercorn makes this ale both refreshing and complex. Nicie is the perfect accompaniment to a summer day.

Added by Mitchster on 06-14-2004

Peppery finish is excellent

4.83/5  rDev +32%

Fantastic beer. Wheat-colored, light-bodied and bubbly. The peppercorn flavor is prominent but not overly intense. Wonderful aftertaste. I usually don't like spiced wheat beers and I really dig this guy. Highly recommended. I'm on my second as I write this review and I feel number three on the way.

4.8/5  rDev +31.1%

Slightly cloudy straw yellow pour with a strong white head.

Very herbal smell, peppery and citrusy. Very balanced and intriguing.

Flavor is dominated by coriander, complex citrus and pepper. The peppery flavor is absolutely insane! It creates a borderline spiciness that lingers on the palate for a long time. Very subtle, gradually increasing as the flavor accumulates on the tongue. Truly unique and unforgettable.

Medium bodied and very refreshing, spicy and drinkable. No beer has ever matched pizza quite so well.

4.79/5  rDev +30.9%

Huge thanks to wintbs379 for this brew...

A: Pours a translucent golden straw. There is very little head and only a thin white ring lingers on the glass.

S: Mmm. I get a lot of pepper, some mild citrus, but mainly it's delicious peppercorns. I'm loving the nose.

T: Wow. I'm seriously shocked. That massive pepper nose is nothing when it hits the palate. This beer starts out super wet and juicy. There is a ton of orange and a bit of lemon. The peppercorns hit the palate late and make this beer really flavorful. It's delicious.

M: Light bodied beer. It's juicy all the way from start to finish. There is a really solid pepper heat, but it's not overwhelming. This is super drinkable, and the pepper lingers on the palate for quite some time.

O: I need more of this ASAP. Damn. Massive pepper nose and massive orange taste. The brain plays tricks on you and mixes both aspects of the beer beautifully. This has to be my biggest surprise of 2012 so far. I'm seriously loving this beer.

4.64/5  rDev +26.8%

4.62/5  rDev +26.2%

Poured from 12 oz bottle into wine glass.

Pours golden orange with thin white head that fades quickly. Translucent.

Smells of grass, citrus, spice in general.

Awesome complex taste. Mild pepper up front and then I keep getting a taste that reminds me of chamomile tea in the middle which really balances the pepper. Then a long warm pepper burst at the end. Very unique and very very good.

Smooth dry with warming elements from the pepper.

Excellent beer all around. Reminds me of a saison but with more pepperiness. Will be requesting my local store to stock some.

4.52/5  rDev +23.5%

Wow.. what can I say other than thanks to Fantome for bringing me back a growler of this magnificent beer from Michigan. I was also at the mentioned Autumn Brew Review where Joe was peddling his fine beers.

Fantome describes the beer perfectly. Huge lemon citrus nose. Rocky bright white head with moderate lacing. Cloudy golden color. Citrus lemon hits right away in taste and finishes with a zesty pepper that keeps growing for a matter of minutes after you drink. I did sense a bit of fusel/higher alcohol in it and had a slight headache in the morning after, would like to try again with a fresh growler to verify.

A very unique beer that I would drink regularly if available. Watch for any of Joe Short's creations, he has brewed some of the best beers I've sampled in the past few years. His Machu Picchu IPA (sampled at the RAF 2003 and Jackson 5 IPA (ABR 2001) rivaled any other IPA's on the market.

4.5/5  rDev +23%

My very first sip I fell in love with it. Had an amazing taste and I was sad I only bought one bottle.

4.47/5  rDev +22.1%

4.45/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Short's Nicie Spicie is a lovely complex beer that combines lemon and pepper. It's my first beer from Short's and it was delicious.

A: Straw colour and a good 5 mm head that lasts. 4.5

S: Mild citrus aroma with some subtle spice notes. Also, some floral hop aromas. Yum. 4.5

T: Malt, apple and lemon into a spicy, tangy finish. There is a lot going on but the end result is very pleasant. Lemon and pepper. 4.5

M: Foamy. 4