Peaches & Cream | Short's Brewing Company

shortsbrewing.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

4.32/5  rDev +8.3%

Big thanks to Randy for passing along this rarity, bottle #370.

We've got a gusher! As I poured it into the glass, the head was at least 4 inches and larger than the amount of beer. The color is a slightly deep hazy amber and the head takes forever to dissipate and leaves very good lacing.

I wouldn't have needed to see the bottle to know there is a ton of peaches in this bad boy as I could smell them across the room. There is hint of the alcohol which burns the nose slightly as well as some sweet malts in the background.

The taste has a deeper, more sugary sweetness than the aroma with the peaches mixing with the dark caramel malts and maybe even some molasses. There is a bit of the lactose creaminess in the finish but the peaches are certainly the most evident flavor.

The mouthfeel is highly carbonated and medium bodied with a lingering fruity sweetness in the finish.

I feel like a broken record saying I'm impressed by the creativity of the Shorts folks, but it almost goes without saying. This is a very sweet beer and that may linger the drinkability a little bit, but the flavors are big and meld together well.

3.75/5  rDev -6%

3.38/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1497th Review on BA
Bottle to Goblet
12oz

No bottle date- Although I know its 2012 Release

Thanks to ErikKoppin for this one

App- A almost pure liquid gold color on the pour. Maybe at best a 1/2 finger kind of tan/off white head formed and was gone. Creamy sherry/whiskey/cordial coloring to it. No cling. Shimmery.

Smell- For me this was a tad over sweet. I posted on Untappd that this smelled like those liquid peach rings from when we were kids. Was a unique smell, just wasnt for me. A big mix of sugary milk on the aromatics

Taste- I really enjoyed the 1st couple sips on this one. The golden ale with a little bit of yeast shined through when cold. However, when warm it was much more malty, sweet, sugar and milk. It really did assault on taste. I like sweet too as I loved ST Creme Brulee. I could only do 6oz. As I mentioned much better cold.

Mouth- A fairly light medium body with a overall medium light cordial carbonation. The residual booze was there along with a yogurt tinge and of course the peaches.

Drink. Unique, tasty but too sweet for me and thats saying something for me.

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

4.29/5  rDev +7.5%

Big thanks to OHLRangers.

A: Pours a nice light amberish hue with a light white head.

S: Peach, peach, and more peach. Very peachy with subtle notes of fresh cream. Light wheat notes, a touch of tart.

T: Very much peach mostly sweet, but there is a very subtle tart element in the taste as well. Dried apricots make an appearence with a nice milky creamy quality. Fruity, malty, creamy, good!

M: Rather light to be honest, sort of snappy carbonation.

D: Not bad, I really liked this one.

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

3.5/5  rDev -12.3%

4.5/5  rDev +12.8%

750ml bottle acquired in trade with hoppymeal (thanks!). Bottle # 155 / 820.

Poured a lighter and cloudy golden / amber color with a smaller sized white head. Aromas of peaches, lactose, caramel, and just like a peach pie. Tastes of peaches, lactose, and vanilla. Had a nice sweetness to it. I usually don't like peaches, but this beer rocked (I found myself wanting more and more with every sip)!

Notes from 3/14/08

2.75/5  rDev -31.1%

4.42/5  rDev +10.8%

Thanks to corby112 for bringing this 750ml bottle to our tasting on 1/23/11.

A - Poured a hazy coppery orange with a mammoth three-finger wall of beige foam that retained quite well and deposited plenty of frothy, sticky lacing around the glass.

S - Mmmm... fresh, juicy ripe peaches abound with a hint of vanilla/lactose. My first whiff of this beer reminded me of walking into a local "head" shop, only to be greeted by the aroma of incense and patchouli.

T - There's that fresh, juicy peach character again. The pairing peaches and vanilla works extremely well here, creating an intensely flavorful beer that makes the detection of alcohol virtually impossible. This is a sweet beer for sure, but there is just a smidgen of tartness in the backend that adds some depth and prevents this from becoming too overly sweet.

M - Medium bodied that's pushing toward full-figured with a syrupy texture that is actually kind of sticky and juicy. Texture is pretty smooth and creamy overall, though. Finishes with a hint of bitterness and a pleasant wash of tartness on the palate.

D - I was surprised to find that the ABV for this beer was 9.5%! Wow! Peaches & Creme is a delicious fruit beer with an authentic peach flavor and aroma. Melt down a creamsicle, add alcohol, bottle it, and that's what this beer replicates!

4.49/5  rDev +12.5%

3.25/5  rDev -18.5%

4.42/5  rDev +10.8%

Thanks to corby112 for cracking out this one.

A-Hazy copper kissed orange with a thick and foamy off-white head that slowly reduced to a dense cap and left thick swaths of lace behind.

S-Who let me loose in the orchard? Massive, ripe peach goodness melds with creamy sweet lactose and vanilla syrup topping. How can this with years of age on it retain so much aroma?

T-BAM! More of the same on the palate with a James and the GIANT peach pounding your tongue! Sweet cream and vanilla adds complexity and balance with just a hint of lactic twang in the background.

M-Medium bodied (more than I had anticipated) with a semi-syrupy, ooey gooey sticky texture, akin to a liquefied peach cobbler. Juicy and rich without becoming overwhelming.

D-Damn! Joe does it again with a crazy combo and comes out on top! This one has some serious age on it and it still is amazing. I can only imagine how awesome this one would have been fresher. Peaches and Creme is a no holds barred, lactose laden, fruit barrage that takes no prisoners!

4.11/5  rDev +3%

A - Murky amber, nice, solid off white head, retains for some time. Leaves disk and lots of lace.

S - Bright fresh malt, citrus.

T - Malty, but mostly creamy. Really creamy.

M - As I said, really creamy. Round flavors, bitter battles sweet well.

D - Too creamy for me, in general. Nice to try.

3.97/5  rDev -0.5%

I brought this one up to the Hill Farmstead release last weekend and shared it with several BA's.

Appearance: Pours (small gush) a hazy peach to amber color (big surprise!) with minimal crown / retention / lace.

Smell: Peaches and sweet cream (as advertised ;)

Taste: Same as nose. While it is sweet (as just about every other review on this site indicates) I must say the sweetness seems slightly reduced compared to how this one drank fresh about 1.5 years ago. I prefer it now.

Mouthfeel: On the light side of heavy bodied...full mouthfeel with moderate carbonation.

Drinkability: Not the best...definitely a good 750ml to share with friends!

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

3.75/5  rDev -6%

4.52/5  rDev +13.3%

750 ml bottle acquired in a trade with hoppymeal, thanks to Derek for including this in my package, my girlfriend had been wanting to try this for quite some time, split with her and poured into my St. Feuillien snifter tonight

A-Light amber color with some medium orange highlights, huge 2 1/4 inch foamy off white head that stays around for almost ten minutes, great retention, some lacing and legs too
S-Lots of peaches and there better for their being almost ten ounces in each bottle, that is nearly half, also milky cream, lactic acid, mild hoppiness, sugar, sweet malts, and cinnamon cookies
T-All I taste at first is peaches, there are both moderately sweet at tart, which comes from the mixture of the fruit itself and the lactic acid, some sweet and slightly chewy malt in the middle, more milk and peaches in the finish but there is also a desirable dry aftertaste with an acidic feel, gets slightly sweeter as it warms but not as much as I thought it would, this is like nothing I have tasted before, who knew a strong ale could be so fruity and complex with sweetness, by the end there was a nice balance of fruit and malts with that same dry feel finishing things off, quiter enjoyable
M-Acidic, sweet, clean, fruity, and rounded mouthfeel, medium bodied but fairly thick, moderate level of carbonation, taste lingered for close to five minutes and had a nice feel on the tongue
D-This stuff is heavy from all the sugar and that is my main complaint with it, alcohol is hidden moderately but some booze can be detected in the finish, smooth for how sweet it is though, probably could have drank the whole bottle

Bottle #154/820, twelve of thirteen, best beer I have had from the Short's imperial series yet, which is funny because it is one of the brews that I was looking least forward to from it, who would have known five hundred pounds of peaches would have made something taste so good, the high alcohol content has allowed this to age nicely from what I have heard from others, would drink again, recommended

2.75/5  rDev -31.1%