Peaches & Cream | Short's Brewing Company

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

3.84/5  rDev -3.8%

Small one-finger white foamy head boils out from the bottle. Brew is cloudy and hazy orange. Viscosity is rather thick.

Lots of big peach scents. Lactose is noticeable too. Doesn't smell overly sugary either.

Flavors are a bit of a mess. Initial flavor is great, very peach and creamy. Later flavors are strong and robust lots of heat and odd rubber bitterness. Carbonation is perfect. Lots of candy sugars.

Very much recommended as a great experimental brew. A unique brew that I feel lucky to have tried. Thanks Adam!

3.37/5  rDev -15.5%

Reviewing the Peaches & Crème from Short's Brewing Company out of Michigan.
Score: 80

August 2012 vintage bottle. Served in a Three Floyds' teku glass and enjoyed on 09/15/12. I received this one in a box from Raymo55 for whooping his butt in fantasy this year.

Appearance: Pours a murky yellow-orange color that fades from a a dull golden halo to an orange peel colored center. Half a finger of tan head at pour settles to a thin, slightly bubbly ring around the glass. Average lacing and good retention with a shelf of head that clings. No floaties (unlike Short's Key Lime Pie). 3.5/5

Smell: Peaches, apricot and pineapple juice. Almost like a mellow, tropical IPA without the piney hoppiness. Milk and sugar too. Very pleasant. 4/5

Taste: What a sweet-and-sugary flavor bomb. As with Key Lime Pie, I suspect Short's is trying to give it's consumers diabetes! Lots of sugary peach flavor. Peach flavored yogurt, peach syrup and a little apricot-y hoppiness. The sugary peach flavor really dominates and lingers. This beer was entirely too sweet to drink the entire 12 oz serving, but at least it did not have an American adjunct lager aftertaste (unlike Key Lime Pie). 3.25/5

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied, low carbonation with a sugary zing. Very sugary-sweet. 3/5

Overall: Is Short's trying to give its consumers diabetes with it's latest releases? I really dug the aroma, but the taste was overwhelmingly sweet.

Recommendation: Skip this one too, unless you really love sugary peach syrup.

Pairings: Belgian waffles.

Cost: $10.99 for a six pack.

4.22/5  rDev +5.8%

I picked up a bottle of Short's Peaches & Cream last week for $2.09 at The Lager Mill. This beer has been on my wishlist for a while and it's been a long time since Short's last bottled this beer, so when I heard bottles started showing up at the store I made sure to grab a couple to try, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date, early fall 2012 release. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into a tulip.

A- The label on this beer is ok, it's a little plain looking, but it still has that Short's look to it. It poured a slightly orange golden color that took on much more of an orange color when held to the light with two fingers worth of slightly off white head that died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and left some nice rings of lacing. This a good looking beer, I have no complaints.

S- The aroma starts off with a large amount of ripe peaches and a pretty high amount of sweetness that I assume is mainly coming from the milk sugar which imparts a nice creamy and milky aroma with a slight bit of vanilla. Towards the end I get some earthy and slightly spicy hops. I really like the aroma of this beer, it's unique and true to it's name, no complaints here.

T- The aroma seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a large sweet cream and milk like flavor that is followed by some grainy and bready malts and even more sweetness. The peaches quickly show up next and impart a nice ripe peach flavor that tastes natural and are followed by a slight bit of booze and some earthy and spicy hops that stuck out more then expected and helped balance out some of that sweetness while imparting a slightly higher amount of medium bitterness and it had a sweet and creamy peach like aftertaste. This beer tasted good, it was a little on the sweet side , but I expect that from a Short's dessert beer and the extra hops helped balance that out a little, it was good and true to it's name.

M- Fairly smooth, a little sticky, on the lighter side of being full bodied, with slightly lower amount of medium carbonation that worked well with this beer. This beer had a good mouthfeel that worked nicely with what this beer was going for.

Overall I thought this was a good beer and a good example of a proper dessert beer, a good fruit beer too, this beer did a great job at staying true to it's name and it was pretty much as advertised minus the extra hops aspects that I wasn't expecting but still I liked it nonetheless and it helped balance out some of that sweetness. This beer had ok drinkability, it went down fairly smooth and it had more then enough flavor to hold my attention, but the high amount of sweetness would prevent me from wanting another one, one of these is just enough and is great choice for an after dinner beer. What I liked most about this beer was the aroma, it was really good and better then I expected. What I liked least about this beer was the high amount of sweetness, it was just a little too sweet for me, but that just means I will only drink one at a time, it didn't hurt the beer that much. I would buy this beer again when looking for a nice dessert beer, but who knows when it will be released again and the store already sold out so i'm glad I picked up a few while they were around, I recommend this to anyone wanting just what's advertised, but you can't be afraid of a little sweetness. All in all I was satisfied with this beer, it lived up to it's name and it met my expectations, great work Short's, beers like this is why i say nobody makes a dessert beer that is so much like the dessert that's intended like Short's does, this was another winner from that crazy brewery up north.

4.25/5  rDev +6.5%

4.93/5  rDev +23.6%

Purchased a couple 6 packs right from Shorts in Bellaire. Also had it on draft while I was there.

A: Pours a Dull-Orangey Yellow color with pretty good head.. leaves a slight sticky lace behind.

S: Sweet and Sugary peaches! Excellent.

T: A peach-puree tasty treat. Absolutely perfect. Finishes with a bitter bite and milk sugar punch in the face. A+

M: Full bodied robust peach goodness. Has a excellent finish that lingers on the pallet for quiet some time, leaving you begging for more

O: I wish this was available everywhere, all the time.. just like Bud Light in any bar. This stuff is absolutely amazing. Perfection in a bottle. People need to try this beer.

4.32/5  rDev +8.3%

Beautiful golden-amber color with a slight head. When held up to the light, its translucent. Some sediment in the bottom of the glass, but that would be expected. Smells grainy, slightly yeasty and of course peachy. I do get a sense of sweetness on the nose, which I assume is from the lactose used in the brewing process. Taste is loaded with peach followed by sweetness. I do pick up a bit of graininess from the malt and the taste finishes with a bite of bitterness. This is a full bodied beer and well carbonated. Overall, I really like this beer. I am a big fan of peach flavor in beer and this ones got it. It could be a little overwhelming with the flavor and sweetness though, so I think one will do for now.

3.38/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1497th Review on BA
Bottle to Goblet
12oz

No bottle date- Although I know its 2012 Release

Thanks to ErikKoppin for this one

App- A almost pure liquid gold color on the pour. Maybe at best a 1/2 finger kind of tan/off white head formed and was gone. Creamy sherry/whiskey/cordial coloring to it. No cling. Shimmery.

Smell- For me this was a tad over sweet. I posted on Untappd that this smelled like those liquid peach rings from when we were kids. Was a unique smell, just wasnt for me. A big mix of sugary milk on the aromatics

Taste- I really enjoyed the 1st couple sips on this one. The golden ale with a little bit of yeast shined through when cold. However, when warm it was much more malty, sweet, sugar and milk. It really did assault on taste. I like sweet too as I loved ST Creme Brulee. I could only do 6oz. As I mentioned much better cold.

Mouth- A fairly light medium body with a overall medium light cordial carbonation. The residual booze was there along with a yogurt tinge and of course the peaches.

Drink. Unique, tasty but too sweet for me and thats saying something for me.

4.75/5  rDev +19%

4.39/5  rDev +10%

Bottle poured into a Siciliano's pokal.

A- A normal pour created a dense, 1-1/2 finger, khaki head that dropped to a thin film and left great sticky spots on the glass. The body was a deep, dark golden color. Initially a bit hazy, but it cleared up. Moderate carbonation and a little sediment floating around.

S- definitely peachy, without overwhelming the senses. Grassy/herbal hops. The more I smell, the more fresh peaches I perceive. Sugary sweetness as well.

T- Hoppy at first. Then, a solid shot of peaches and sweet cream. I sense higher ABV in the full, sweet, malty flavor, without any harshness. Well balanced. When I say well balanced, I mean EVERYTHING is turned up a couple notches. Relatively sweet, but hints of tart as you might find in a peach.

M- Quite viscus. Moderate carbonation tries to keep up with the full, full body. More suspicions of the well hidden ABV.

O- It really hits the mark, as Short's often does with its experimental beers. Robust, while quite drinkable.

Peaches & Cream from Short's Brewing Company