Peaches & Cream | Short's Brewing Company

Added by hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

3.25/5  rDev -18.5%

3.25/5  rDev -18.5%

3.16/5  rDev -20.8%

Poured from the blinded bottle into a tulip glass.

Appearance: The beer pours a cloudy light amber color with a layer of off white head. The head fades to a good sized ring on top of the pour. 4

Smell: I'm getting some sweet malt along with some raisin like fruitiness. I'm also picking up some unidentified spices as well. There is a hint of citrus juice behind everything else. 3

Taste: Malt forward with some sweet fruity notes. I'm getting some raisins and pineapple like flavors. Behind the fruity flavors are some spices and a bitterness in the finish. I think the overall flavor is a bit muddled. 3

Mouthfeel: Medium body with light, tingly carbonation and a very dry finish. 4

Overall: As with bottle number 5, there was some interesting stuff going on here but nothing blew me away. 3

3.08/5  rDev -22.8%

Not digging it. Too sweet, minimal head and a bit disappointing overall.

3.06/5  rDev -23.3%

2.83/5  rDev -29.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This was just too sticky sweet for my tastes. I'm OK with many of Short's "unique" beers and a number of their fruit beers, but not this.

2.5/5  rDev -37.3%

2.5/5  rDev -37.3%

1.82/5  rDev -54.4%

I've gotten really big into microbrews the past year and a half. Being that I'm in Michigan I've been focusing on local brews. I've gotten really big into shorts. With that being said I stumbled across a 6er of this one day and was told it was the last one they had. I decided to give it a shot and didn't like it. Generally I like fruity beers but I feel they missed with this one. My buddy and I both tried it and we felt that it just didn't work. I've tried getting my way through the 6 pack and it just hasn't worked.

Peaches & Cream from Short's Brewing Company