Peaches & Cream | Short's Brewing Company

2.5/5  rDev -35.1%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

2.5/5  rDev -35.1%

3.26/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Tasted 15 January 2014, reviewed from notes.

Pours 99% clear orange, with tinges of gold and amber. Almost zero head, just a thin little sizzle of bubbles that are gone in a second. No lacing.

Mostly, this smells like sugar. Okay, it's lots of different kinds of sugar, but it's sugar. After that, it's Belgian golden. After that, some peaches. After that? All those things combining into Short's style weirdness. On the whole, it only kinda works for me.

Taste is big alcohol. I would not say that this tastes like peaches and cream. It tastes like a very strong Belgian golden ale, with dustings of peach and sugar. Cream? Not that I can find. Alcohol is about as front-and-center as it can be for a beer of this ABV. The sugar covers it just enough to make it palatable.

Feel is better than I expected given the appearance. It's actually carbonated! Feels heavy and juicy, but the carb is enough to lighten things.

Not my favorite. Short's has to be one of the oddest breweries around. This one's more of a miss than a hit for me.

3.87/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz into a CS snifter.

A- This is definitely the highlight. This beer has a rich apricot look to it. Very little head with thin lacing around.

S- I am getting some funk, but a very good amount of peach. Smelling peach has always been difficult in the peach/apricot sours. I am getting a lot of peach.

T- I get that Short's is doing a sweet take on a peach beer. I would take it down just a notch. I would understand if people disagree with me on this one being that peaches and cream is pretty sweet. I just don't want it this sweet in my beer.

M- Pretty good here. Some carbonation follows down the throat.

O- A good take on a peaches and cream ale. Well done.

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%