Peaches & Cream | Short's Brewing Company

shortsbrewing.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by hoppymeal on 06-11-2007

3.26/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Tasted 15 January 2014, reviewed from notes.

Pours 99% clear orange, with tinges of gold and amber. Almost zero head, just a thin little sizzle of bubbles that are gone in a second. No lacing.

Mostly, this smells like sugar. Okay, it's lots of different kinds of sugar, but it's sugar. After that, it's Belgian golden. After that, some peaches. After that? All those things combining into Short's style weirdness. On the whole, it only kinda works for me.

Taste is big alcohol. I would not say that this tastes like peaches and cream. It tastes like a very strong Belgian golden ale, with dustings of peach and sugar. Cream? Not that I can find. Alcohol is about as front-and-center as it can be for a beer of this ABV. The sugar covers it just enough to make it palatable.

Feel is better than I expected given the appearance. It's actually carbonated! Feels heavy and juicy, but the carb is enough to lighten things.

Not my favorite. Short's has to be one of the oddest breweries around. This one's more of a miss than a hit for me.

3.87/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

12oz into a CS snifter.

A- This is definitely the highlight. This beer has a rich apricot look to it. Very little head with thin lacing around.

S- I am getting some funk, but a very good amount of peach. Smelling peach has always been difficult in the peach/apricot sours. I am getting a lot of peach.

T- I get that Short's is doing a sweet take on a peach beer. I would take it down just a notch. I would understand if people disagree with me on this one being that peaches and cream is pretty sweet. I just don't want it this sweet in my beer.

M- Pretty good here. Some carbonation follows down the throat.

O- A good take on a peaches and cream ale. Well done.

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

4.08/5  rDev +6%

Thanks for the bottle steebo777, this was poured into HF glass, no freshness date on the 12 oz bottle

Fairly clear copper pour with a cream-colored head of half an inch thickness, small and medium bubbles, good retention

Not a lot on the aroma, cream is the main flavor I get, some very subtle peach notes, some butterscotch, candied malts, other than that not a lot going on.

Taste is incredibly unique. This tastes quite literally like a bowl of peaches and cream. It is way too sweet to drink more than several ounces of it, but the flavors burst off the palate. Flavor profile of peaches and cream lingers. Not much bitterness. No alcohol burn.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, soft, smooth, sticky finish, low carbonation.

Overall this was one of the more unique beers I've ever tried. Too sweet and cloying for everyday consumption, but split between a couple people this is a tasty summer dessert beer.

3.25/5  rDev -15.6%

1.82/5  rDev -52.7%

I've gotten really big into microbrews the past year and a half. Being that I'm in Michigan I've been focusing on local brews. I've gotten really big into shorts. With that being said I stumbled across a 6er of this one day and was told it was the last one they had. I decided to give it a shot and didn't like it. Generally I like fruity beers but I feel they missed with this one. My buddy and I both tried it and we felt that it just didn't work. I've tried getting my way through the 6 pack and it just hasn't worked.

3.72/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A - Deep oranger with a thin white head. Nice lacing.

S - Peaches and sweet cream. Some faint spices are present as well.

T - Sweet and tart peaches right up front. Good amount of milk sugar comes through next. Slight alcohol taste in the finish.

M - Heavy mouthfeel with a very smooth finish. Alcohol provides a nice warming feeling.

O - A very unique offering from Short's. Worth trying but can't see myself having more than one.

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%