Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Key Lime Pie | Short's Brewing Company

shortsbrewing.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by jrallen34 on 02-21-2010

3.75/5  rDev +9%

A= Hazey copper color. Look's exactly like apple cider. Zero lacing, zero head.

S= Lime and lots of it. You can also smell the graham crackers in this along with a hint of lactose.

T= I'm rating this beer based on what it is supposed to taste like. Key Lime Pie. Short's hit the nail on the head with this beer, it is absolutely amazing! On first sip I taste lime, a little lactose, sweet marshmallow and a burnt graham cracker taste. Flavor lingers on tongue for a long time. Beer is quite tart, but not very sweet which I honestly enjoy.

M= Creamy with low carbonation.

O= Short's Key Lime Pie is an excellent experimental beer! One that I will definitely be looking for in the future! I'm glad that I was able to score a six pack of this when I was able to!

2.75/5  rDev -20.1%

2.75/5  rDev -20.1%

1.5/5  rDev -56.4%

3.46/5  rDev +0.6%

Thanks to MikeTD to sending this beer. Poured into my Duvel tulip.

A - Pours a slightly hazy copper hue with a nice one finger head that fades almost immediately. a couple big, chunky whitish brown particles were floating at the top of, which I scooped out when I poured; marshmallow or graham cracker chunks. No head retention or side lacing.

S - So this EXPLODES with key lime aromas. Its worth noting, when I bury my nose in it I get more of a coppery type beer with grains, however, when I Swirl and take a wiff from a foot or so away I smell key lime pie. Great lime notes, crushed graham crackers, and light marshmallow type sweetness. Dont get any creamy lacto though.

T - This is tough to judge for me. So, theres more of that tasty, tart key lime that fades almost immediately to a strong slightly burnt graham cracker. The fact that theres a very faint lacto creamy tasty in the middle is what bumps this up to a 3.5 for me. Barely.

M - Mouthfeel is nice. Super tart, which is to be expected. Slightly creamy, lowerish carbonation but that keylime sensation keeps this from feeling flat.

O - I really, really wanted to like this beer but that burnt graham cracker on the aroma and especially on the back of the taste kind of ruined it for me.

3.25/5  rDev -5.5%

3.42/5  rDev -0.6%

A - pours a copper, caramel color without much of a head on it

S - the nose has lime, cinnamon pie crust, and vanilla all weaving together, with the lime being the strongest scent

T - starts off with sweet lime flavors up front. The limes hold strong through the palate. A little bit of crust and vanilla show up toward the middle and back, but the lime overpowers it. Interesting beer here.

M - a little watery and medium bodied

D - overall this is an interesting beer. I like trying new concepts, and key lime pie conceptualized as a beer is new to me. I would definitely recommend it as I think Shorts pulled it off well and it is also not your run of the mill style.

2.5/5  rDev -27.3%