Key Lime Pie | Short's Brewing Company

4.5/5  rDev +30.8%

4.5/5  rDev +30.8%

1.5/5  rDev -56.4%

3.8/5  rDev +10.5%

This appears a tan-straw color. There’s a light aroma of freshly squeezed limes and lime zest. The key lime really comes through when tasted—but not such much key lime pie as (in my mind, at least) tiny, tart, fragrant limes picked at their peak from the Florida keys. (Or the citrus growing region of Florida in general.) It’s a beer that’s more tart than bitter—mouth-puckeringly tart— and an interesting brew. I could easily pair this with a tequila, but I don’t see myself drinking this on its own.

3.47/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A: Apricot look with about an inch of head that goes away relatively quick - mild lacing.

S: Smells like Key lime - hints of lime and graham cracker.

T: As expected, tastes much like a key lime pie in a medium beer.

M: Medium body with some carbonation

O: Certainly another interesting brew from Shorts. One of those beers with a unique taste that is great in limited quantity however I don't expect anyone to pick up a six pack and drink them all while watching a game, etc.

2.25/5  rDev -34.6%

3.84/5  rDev +11.6%

A: Pours a amber orange color with a massive overflowing head into my Captain Lawrence tulip. Appears to have some type of sediment floating on the top which I realize later is lard / butter from the graham cracker crust. I was slightly worried about this at first but then realized it was part of the design of the beer.

S: Sweet funky sour with graham cracker aroma, a heavy dosing of puckering key limes and a healthy bit of malt around.

T: Wow, this is a great beer for what the goal was. It actually tastes just like key lime pie and a pretty good one at that. Cool and refreshing. I recommend drinking this at the temperature that you enjoy eating your pie. In my case, I like eating it really cold so directly out of the fridge this was great.

M: This was definitely overcarbonated, and light in mouthfeel. I had to bump the score down here, although it has probably been in the bottle for a month or so I would guess to reach this carbonation. In any sense, a light body which I had expected, but a tingling carbonation on my tongue.

O: This beat my expectations and came out just how I had thought it should taste. I would probably eliminate the congealed fat but it really does taste like key lime pie. Bravo on another brave attempt at making an interesting beer.

3.79/5  rDev +10.2%

A - Pours a golden amber color. Slightly hazy. Off white head that quickly disappeared.

S - Sweet and tart. I can smell the graham cracker crust and the key lime for sure. Very odd nose. Almost seems like an infection, but when you really think about it, there should be a touch of sourness.

T - Like nothing ever before. Sour, tart lime taste up front. Gives way to a malty sweetness. The aftertaste is the finished product, like key lime pie.

M - Medium body, with nice tight carbonation. Coats the tongue well, almost syrupy.

O - Wow, what a unique experience. This beer is sweet and sour, funky and comforting all at the same time. It really just is not like any other beer I've had before. That being said, I honestly don't see myself being able to drink more than one in a sitting.

Key Lime Pie from Short's Brewing Company