Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-11-2013

3.3

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 14
2.41/5  rDev -27%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

Let me start off by saying I feel bad for writing this review with no notes for the beer. The only reason I'm doing so is because there was no feedback at all.

Let me also say that I like woody beers but this one is only one of two beers I have never been able to finish.

As it makes its way from the tap to your table, you want to drink this beer. Nice head for a wood beer but no laciness. It smells fantastic even from a distance. Very very strong cedar notes. That for me was where it ended. I admit it was my first cedar beer but it tasted like licking a woodshop floor. Extremely cedary. I felt like I literally had my tongue sitting on a treated piece of cedar timber. I was there with 4 other friends that were experienced beer drinkers and none of us could finish the pint.

I had another friend that went up to Short's the next weekend and said he wasn't fond of it but he could drink one occasionally. If you have had beers that are lighter on cedar like Cigar City has done and you want more cedar, this is the other end of that.

I would split one sample before everyone gets a sample of their own. A little of this stuff is all you need to form an opinion.

Lakeview Lager from Short's Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.