Panama | Cerveceria Del Baru Panama, S.A.

PanamaPanama

Cerveceria Del Baru Panama, S.A.
Panama
barupanama.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-24-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Reviews: 28 | Ratings: 67
2.36/5  rDev -16.3%

When I was station in Panama I had quite a few of these babies.
I remember the rumor about how they recycle the bottles and clean them with formaldye. That is where most of the taste comes from I reckon.

Over all it was cheap and available

The only thing that really was impressive about it was the green bottle.

I would buy it again if I could find it here.

2.89/5  rDev +2.5%

I just got back from a trip to Panama and this is my thrid favorite of the local swill. It looks good, smells fine, taste like a adjunct lager in the green bottled import mold, lacks real body, I could and did drink this all night. Note if you are in Panama only drink this beer from the can do not under any circumstances try to enjoy it form the green bottle. They obviously use hops since this beer skunks, but that is just it they several I had at various places where all skunked. There are other Panama beers that are better from the bottle.

2.88/5  rDev +2.1%

Hey, it's not the best beer, but it's not that bad either. I like when I am looking for a really, and I mean really, light beer. I am a real fan of heavy beers, so this is a huge change for me. Had a little bit of skunk in it, but nothing too bad. Watery and pale. What else is there to say?

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
Panama from Cerveceria Del Baru Panama, S.A.