Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Valkyrie Brynhild | Harringtons Brewery

Style: Kölsch

Added by Macca on 01-24-2012

Reviews by Macca:
3.07/5  rDev 0%

This is made under licence by Harringtons for Wendy Roigard. Calls itself a golden ale. Happy to stand corrected if somebody can suggest a better fit than kolsch from the list available.

It pours a dark golden colour with a dense white head that drops away quickly.

The nose for me is very malty. Very much like I'd expect from a kolsch. Very bready. Don't get any hoppiness.

Very similar on the palate. I can't say I'm picking up any of the Hokey Pokey, which is honeycomb tofee, flavours but it does finish quite sweet.

Full bodied. High carbonation.

The cloying sweetness doesn't grab me with this.

Valkyrie Brynhild from Harringtons Brewery