Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout | The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery

The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery
North Carolina, United States
duckrabbitbrewery.com

Style: Milk / Sweet Stout

The Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout is a traditional full-bodied stout brewed with lactose (milk sugar). Because lactose is unfermentable by brewer's yeast, it remains in the beer. The subtle sweetness and fullness of flavor imparted by this sugar balances the sharpness of the highly roasted grains that give this delicious beer its black color. All year long, Milk Stout is our number one selling beer!

Added by brentk56 on 10-08-2004

Liked:
3.84/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,078 |  Reviews: 775

This is an excellent milk stout that is really the benchmark that all other milk stouts should be judged.

This full dark brown beer is great for any one who likes genies. It pours correct.. it will have a nice foam head, with a hint of chocolate and roasted flavor. The smooth taste, aroma and filling ness has allowed me to buy this beer again again. Availalbe in bottles and but tastes better out of the tap.

This Milk Stout is Perfect in every way,
for what I wanted in a stout on this day.
Rich Belgian chocolate aromas and flavors, I must say.
So far I have enjoyed this Brewer's array
If dark brews you crave, this brand is your play.
Mighty Fine.

My favorite stout to date

12 oz. bottle, poured into a pint glass.

Pours black as night, head drops down quickly. Aroma is pretty complex, changes (for the better) as it warms. Slightly burnt malts, semi-sweet chocolate bordering on cocoa.

Mouthfeel is just superb. Smooth, smooth, smooooth with a perfect amount of carbonation. Incredibly rich and creamy.

I don't want to go too overboard about the taste, but I can't help myself. Simply one of the most delicious brews I've ever had.

Wonderful malt segueing into chocolate, sweet but not cloying, the balance between them is perfect. Nice dry finish with a quick and pleasant aftertaste is the only clue that there is any alcohol involved.

It struck me around halfway though my glass: If you're from New York City (and Brooklyn in particular, as am I) you'll understand this - It reminded me of a perfect chocolate eggcream.

Sip, close your eyes, and savor.

A: Pours like fricking as black as the night. Good sized tan/white head. Good head retention
S: Smells sweet, chocoatey. Almost a dark fruity smell as well. There is also some vanilla in there as well. Very complex smell
T: Oh yeah, thats what I'm talking about!!! Roasted maltiness, sweet milk chocolate flavor dominates. Slight bitter hop aftertaste.
M: Full bodied, and creamy. Its like I'm drinking a jug of cream its that smooth.
D: I really can't come up with one bad thing to say about this beer, excellent any way you look at it in my book. I think this is my first ever 5 beer. Thanks to limesmut for this excellent beer!! Might have to trade with you again for more of this stuff.

Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout from The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery