Duck-Rabbit Barrel Aged Baltic Porter | The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery

duckrabbitbrewery.com

Style: Baltic Porter

Added by Kegatron on 12-18-2009

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

Might be one of the best beers in the world. Had this at the Raleigh Rare and Vintage 2012 tasting. Best of Show in my opinion.

I wish they would bottle this so I can have some in the basement. The beer is silky smooth and is pitch black with chocolate and toffee notes. The bourbon burn is minimal and tastes great.

4.74/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.72/5  rDev +6.8%

I had this on tap at Taco Mac in Atlanta. The beer is dark brown colored with a thin tan foam and an aroma of sweet malts with a touch of whiskey. The smell was almost perfect to me, just what I wanted it to be. It was similar to Okocim but stronger and with a bourbon or whiskey note. The taste was the same, so rich with sweetness and balanced with bourbon. This is probably the best Baltic Porter I've had, and actually I would prefer this to many barrel aged stouts. Get it if you see it.

4.7/5  rDev +6.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I had this on-tap at Churchkey during the Craft Beer Conference 2013.

A: Poured about as black as night but without much head to speak of (unlike it's non barrel-aged counterpart). However, in the head's place was a liquid so thick that even oil rig workers will cower in fear.

S: Inside the nutty bourbon-ness, there was a delectable licorice, chocolate cake batter smell that just hit all the right notes.

T: SO much flavor here. Don't let my descriptor of licorice scare you licorice haters out there, this was more like dark chocolate Twizzlers with fudge buttercream frosting, almonds, and bourbon. Shall I continue?

M: This was sludge for sure, just like it should be, with low carbonation and all. The glass came out fairly clean, but my palate was wrecked... in a good way.

O: I drank my taster with the greatest of ease and later that night, one of my friends got distracted and left our table. Yep... I drank the rest of his too. One of the highlights of the conference!

4.45/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Appearance: Arrives with the liquid colored a pretty dark brown with ruby highlights; the head was not overly large but it did leave the occasional strand behind

Smell: Dark fruit (prune, primarily) and Bourbon, with some chocolate underneath

Taste: The dark fruit flavors (prune and date) appear first, followed by the Bourbon barrel and chocolate flavors; after the swallow, the Bourbon lingers in the aftertaste, bringing with it some vanilla elements

Mouthfeel: Medium to full body with low carbonation

Overall: Duck-Rabbit has a way with its limited edition beers and this one is no exception

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast