Düsseldorf Alt | Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.
North Carolina, United States
nattygreenes.com

Style: Altbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by oberon on 11-21-2004

Reviews by brentk56:
3.98/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: Pours a dark copper-colored clear body with a thin, though persistent head; some lacing down the side of the glass

Smell: Picked up a little bitterness on the nose, but fairly closed

Taste: Nicely balanced, with an assertive bitterness on top of the toffee malt backbone; a distinctive flavor that others are describing as a bit of chocolate, although I couldn't identify it at that time. (I'd like to go back and try it again but I drained the keg.)

Mouthfeel: Medium-bodied, with moderate carbonation

Drinkability: This one is a winner, with its pronounced flavors; a style that I encounter far too infrequently

4.2/5  rDev 0%

The second of two new seasonal offerings from Natty's and a style that I really like,pours a rich tawny brown with a light but sticky head,aromas of un sweentened cocoa with a peppery note in there that came thru even more in its taste.Incredibly dry interpertation in my opinion some cracker malt and unsweetend cocoa upfront with a long peppery finish that leaves the mouth dry and wanting more wich I partook in.By far my favorite offering from the place tru to the dry style of alt a big winner in my book.

Düsseldorf Alt from Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.