Elm Street IPA
Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

Elm Street IPAElm Street IPA
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker
Style:
English India Pale Ale (IPA)
Ranked #222
ABV:
Score:
Ranked #41,990
3.58 | pDev: 13.97%
From:
Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.

North Carolina, United States
Avail:
Rotating
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Elm Street IPAElm Street IPA
Notes:
Reviews: 26 | Ratings: 92 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by thehooksman:
4.73/5  rDev +32.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I'm a little surprised by some of the negative reviews. This is one of the best things I've tasted from Natty Greene's. In fact, I'm disappointed that it is a seasonal/limited release because it might be my favorite Natty Greene's offering. The slogan is "taste of the south" but this has the hop character of the west coast. The best part of this beer is the nose, which provides a very pine/spruce hop presence. The flavor backs up the nose well. It is surprisingly smooth and balanced for an IPA with a medium mouth feel. It has just the right amount of lingering bitterness. It is a very good craft brew that can also function well as a session beer. I really find nothing to dislike about Elm Street IPA.

2.23/5  rDev -37.7%

I'm fairly new at the whole rating of beers but I know what I like and I don't like this. It tasted like I was drinking a banana. Maybe that's what they were going for but not their best effort. I've had their other beer and am usually not disappointed

3.9/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.75/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.6/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.86/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.25

I'm so excited for this, Natty Greene's is my favorite brewery, gotta rep Greensboro (I mean this brew IS named after the street that is the center of life of Greensboro, as well as the location of the brewery), but this is the first time I'm trying this one!

Poured into a Tulip glass.

a - Beautiful dark amber color with a two finger cream white head. Head seems stable like strongly whipped egg whites. Body is cloudy with much movement from carbonation and/or sediment.

s - very earthy for an IPA. Wood, mud, some raspberry and currant notes, and the usual hint of lemon and hops.

t - starts of with a strong lemon and herbal (oregano, mint, sage) flavor, then shifts into a wood, finish has notes of chocolate and small hint of hot pepper.

m - moderate. Frothy with small amount of acid.

o - Well this beer definitely didn't disappoint. It's not my favorite Natty Greene's, but it's still really good, and I'll be looking for it come next season, now that they've started their next seasonal brew.

3.76/5  rDev +5%

4.75/5  rDev +32.7%

3.54/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.57/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Elm Street IPA from Natty Greene's Pub & Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 81 out of 100 with 92 ratings