Autumn Session | North Country Brewing

North Country Brewing
Pennsylvania, United States
northcountrybrewing.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Omnium on 09-16-2013

3.2

Reviews by Omnium:
3.2/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

On tap at the brewery.
Disclaimer: This is from the menu/site "Another beer for the hop heads! Light-bodied ale which is hoppy enough in the mouth feel, is not too malty, but has a nice dry finish. HOP you enjoy"
If you have to state that this beer is for hop heads, are you trying to just make a sell for people who like hops? More on that later.

A - Pours an ok lighter amber color, 1 finger of soapy white head, little lacing.
S - Actually has a nice aroma, nice roasted malts, a wee bit smokey, some nuttiness, very very little earthy hop undertones.
T - No hops, let me reiterate NO HOPS, being this is the first I had of the night, I know what I was tasting, I'm just shocked, if you state "this is for hop heads" shouldnt it be hoppy? I mean even a little. What you DO get though is all baking flour and biscuit malt, and thats it.
M - Super dry buttery floury biscuit feel, just awful, dries out your mouth so fast.
O - NC, please get a grip, this isnt for hop heads, this isnt for autumn, this is a wasted batch of beer.

Autumn Session from North Country Brewing