Pale Ale | Broken Drum Brewery And Wood Grill

Awaiting More Ratings

Broken Drum Brewery And Wood Grill
brokendrum.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by Mark on 11-02-2002

Reviews by alexhahn82:
2.61/5  rDev -15.5%

** Drank this at the brewery on 07/04/2011 not Retired **

A - A semi cloudy white and gold color. On tap and poured carefully so no head.

S - Nada, like literally nothing. Zip.

T/M Taste is spot on for a pale ale, very well played, nice malt with a minimal hop backbone, very light carbonation.

O - A balanced pale ale, nothing to write home about. lower end of medium in quality. I went out of my way to try this brewery, now I will go out of my way to avoid it, just waaaay too tame.

PP (Price point) $3 at happy hour for a pint of 6.4% beer is a pretty good price, just wish some sort of "Craft" and or flavor came with it, its a microbrewery, it shouldn't have micro flavor!

3.62/5  rDev +17.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer was so cloudy and golden I thought they brought me a hefe instead. Even though lacing was good I just was a bit turned off by this brews color. Smell was o.k., and it had a nice hoppy bite. Decent malt backbone and said hoppiness was on the citrusy side. An acceptable ale to accompany pretty decent pub grub. Needs a bit of refining, but potential is there.

Pale Ale from Broken Drum Brewery And Wood Grill