Black Triple Sixes | Wynkoop Brewing Company

Wynkoop Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
wynkoop.com

Style: Tripel

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Mebuzzard on 06-17-2007

Reviews by beersheppard:
3.15/5  rDev 0%

Appearance: dark brown with a thin tan head

Smell: malts, some spice

Taste: some Belgian flavor combined with a swarzbier is how I would describe it. Licorice would be the predominant flavor. Some banana and raisin.

Mouthfeel: a bit thin

Drinkability: I wouldn't get again. I love the idea I just think it fell a bit short of it's true vision.

3.88/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

A slight alteration from the Triple Sixes.
A black tripel, pours a light looking black with a nice soapy, foamed up head. Good lacing and head hold aroma nicely.
Rich yeast, corriander, some light spices and biscuit. Some banana and weak citrus.
A slight tingle when sipped. The yeast and dark fruit die off a bit in the taste, but is very drinkable. Hints of a dunkel weizen. Crisp and refreshing. A good brew I'd like to see again.

Black Triple Sixes from Wynkoop Brewing Company