Maximus Super | Matt Brewing Company / Saranac Brewery

saranac.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by IrishRedRock on 04-16-2003

2.5/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Yes indeed...Max is back. My father used to tell me stories from college about this stuff. Then FX Matt stopped brewing it for years. The new version is back, with some changes. They have actually increased the ABV to 8.9% from the 7something it was in the 70's. Anyway, my good friend, roommate, and employee at FX Matt picked up a few widemouth 40's of the new Maximus. It's not the worst malt liquor I've had, but certainly not great. Slight malt character, PLENTY of alcohol. You'll know its 8.9% while you're drinking it. An interesting find, and maybe for some of you near my father's age, it will bring back memories from good times long ago. As for me, I dont remember much after drinking this stuff.

Maximus Super from Matt Brewing Company / Saranac Brewery