Oatmeal Stout | Sequoia Brewing Company

Liked:
3.81/5
Alströms:

4.16/5  rDev +9.2%

Amazingly smooth, velvety, and full bodied without being overly filling. I am honestly blown away. What a treat.

4.32/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

3.25/5  rDev -14.7%

3.25/5  rDev -14.7%

3.75/5  rDev -1.6%

3.91/5  rDev +2.6%

Enjoyed this at the north Fresno brewpub (Champlian & Perrin) at 10:00am on Snday morning. No, I am not an alcoholic - I was waiting for a friend.

Appearance: Poured an opaque, dark brown with 1/4 inch, light brown cap. Nitro-tap produced a beautiful creamy head that also looked quite frothy frm above. Great retention and surprisingly good lacing.

Smell: Tootsie Rolls and toasted oats. Not much else.

Taste: Toffee/caramel, sweet chocolate (can't decipher if it's milk or dark), mocha and oats. Chocolate and toffee seem like the most pronounced flavors, though oats are also quite apparent. A slight cascade hop bitterness linger afterward.

Mouthfeel: Thick and creamy with low-medium carbonation. Medium-heavy body.

Drinkability: Overall taste is pretty mild, andI'd bet more flavors would come out if I kept drinking it. A good oatmeal stout, but nothing to write home about.

3.85/5  rDev +1%

Was in Fresno for a wedding so stopped by Sequoia for a some lunch and a couple pints.

Pours jet black with the standard white and creamy that's associated with an oatmeal stout. I believe it was also served on nitrogen. I'm split on weather or not I like that. I wouldn't mind trying it side by side with CO2.

Smell is all roast. Very appealing and exactly what I was looking for. Not much of a hop aroma. The taste is roasted grains, a hint of chocolate, and creaminess. Noble hops, a more earthy bitter.

The mouth feel was smooth and creamy. Oats and nitrogen.

All and all a fine beer. Right on par for the style. Of course I can't remember ever having an oatmeal stout I didn't enjoy.

Oatmeal Stout from Sequoia Brewing Company