Honeysuckle Rose | The Brewer's Art

Style: Bière de Garde

Added by russwbeck on 09-16-2012

Reviews by russwbeck:
3.5/5  rDev -5.7%

Collaboration between The Brewers Art and Bluejacket with honeysuckle flowers, rose buds, and hibiscus flowers.

Very nice orange-yellow color with a slight amount of white head. Big bubbles show up in the head, and the retention is great.

The aroma reminds me much of flowers. Spicy, saison-like, and floral. It was listed as a Belgian Pale Ale, which I didn't quite understand, but the Biere de Garde makes more sense as the hops and Belgian yeasts I would expect from a BPA are not there.

The taste is very light, just not a lot going on here. Spicy, floral, and sweet.

Nice amount of carbonation on the body, which is light overall. Decently drinkable.

Not my favorite thing this brewery has done. Wasn't crazy excited when I saw this beer, and it didn't really impress me.

3.25/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.25/5  rDev +14.6%