Stop lurking! Stay logged in to search, review beers, post in our forums, see less ads, and more. Thanks! — Todd
- Last Activity:
- Mar 20, 2023 at 4:39 PM
- Oct 6, 2008
Grand High Pooh-Bah, Male, from Washington
Pooh-Bah Society Trader
Back home, just starting to decompress...work again in a little more than 12 hours Feb 27, 2023
- snaotheus was last seen:
- Mar 20, 2023 at 4:39 PM
- 3,744 | Rated: 3,744 | Reviewed: 3,716
Brewers: 983 | Beer Styles: 113
US States: 48 | Countries: 28
Wants: 0 | Gots: 0
- 227 | Rated: 227 | Reviewed: 227
Brewers: 130 | Bars/Eateries: 75 | Stores: 19
US States: 19 | Countries: 5
- 7,695 | Likes Received: 104,544
Threads Started: 36
Beer is good.
- Bread and butter is IPA and varieties thereof.
- Love lambic/gueuze and similarly wild sour stuff.
- Learning and growing in the lagers / traditional styles arena.
- Anything interesting from outside my area, particularly hyperlocal or quirky things.
- Very easily overwhelmed by cinnamon in a beer.
- I rarely find kettle sours that I like. They do exist, but it's a small minority.
- I'm kind of so-so on the whole slushy sour thing.
- I'm not a fan of super gimmicky beers where the philosophy seems to be "We think it'll garner attention" as opposed to "We think this will be interesting / good."
Beer review #1: Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. - Pale Ale (2008-10-07)
Beer review #500: Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub - Highline IPA (2012-09-07)
Beer review #1000: Paradox Beer Company - Skully Barrel No. 21 (2015-03-16)
Beer review #1500: Jester King Brewery - Noble King (2017-02-11)
Beer review #2000: Kalispell Brewing Co. - Cloudcroft (2018-11-23)
Beer review #2500: White Bluffs Brewing Company - Nectar of the Gods (NOG) (2020-05-25)
Beer review #3000: Drekker Brewing Company - Clueless Wonder (2021-05-02)
Beer review #3500: Barrique Brewing & Blending - Bruin (2022-06-13)
Currently exploring the world of whisky and beer pairings...
Rough interpretation of my ratings, as of 2021-02-27:
- 5.00: Dunno. Maybe I'd be willing to give up all other beers to have this one? Have inappropriate dreams about it? I've never rated a beer this high.
- 4.75: I remember it fondly and possibly pine after it, even if I only had it once. Looking at these beers in my review history makes me wistful.
- 4.50: I probably remember it as a stand-out among the thousands of beers I've tried, might have a standing policy to buy it if I see it.
- 4.25: Tempted to buy it every time I see it, and often do (or regret not doing so).
- 4.00: Tempted to buy it every time I see it, but often don't. I would strongly recommend anything with this rating or higher.
- 3.75: Happy to have it any time. Probably my most common rating.
- 3.50: No problem drinking it, but not necessarily happy to drink it.
- 3.25: I've had worse beers, but I'm not excited about this. Wouldn't order it again, most likely.
- 3.00: It's not very bad, but it's not very good. I may or may not make faces while drinking it.
- 2.75: Everything here or below is probably something I wouldn't have again, unless external pressures made it difficult to avoid (or I was just curious if my tastes had changed substantially). Drainpour is likely.
- 2.50: It's bad. I'd recommend water instead. I mean, it won't kill you or anything, but…why would you drink it?
- 2.25: Don't drink this, and definitely not anything I've rated worse. Only about six beers have been in this region.
- 2.00: It's very, very bad. Ill-conceived and/or flawed. I've only rated four-ish beers in this region.
- 1.75: It's irredeemably bad. I've only rated one or two beers in this region.
- 1.50: It's unforgivably, unforgettably bad. I have only rated one beer this low, and nothing lower, so the rest is conjecture.
- 1.25: Superlatively bad?
- 1.00: I have nightmares about having to drink this beer? Would give up drinking before drinking this again? That's a stretch…