Poo-Bah, Male, from New Jersey
- TheGent was last seen:
- Viewing thread Kane Brewing (2019), Jul 23, 2019 at 6:47 PM
I enjoy all things beer: drinking, reading, talking, trading and exploring.
- New Jersey
Domestic work travel takes me all over the country and I go out of my way to try local beers, bars, and breweries when possible.
Most recently I was in Cali. Quick trip. In and out in 24 hours. Was finally able to grab a bottle of Blind Pig and it was a great IPA. I also had my first Revision beer, which was a West Coast IPA that knocked it out of the park. Offshoot was a first timer as well.
Later this year I’ll be in Chicago a couple times, Minneapolis (I’m really hoping to stop at Barrel Theory), Charleston and some others.
- American IPA
- Love the NE, West Coast, East Coast. I’ve had only a handful of Brut. Not all that intriguing to me so far, but I’m open.
- Love a big, chewy, barrel aged stout with a bunch of ingredients.
- Equally, if not more impressed, by a straightforward stout with bold flavors.
- Not into cloyingly sweet beers.
- English Barleywine
- This might be my favorite style
- Throw it in a barrel and you’ve won me over
- American Wild Ales - Fruit or not
- Blended Lambic - Fruit or not
- Unblended Lambic - Not my favorite
- Gueuze - Love
- Flemish Browns and Reds - Yum
- Belgian Doubles, Tripels and Quads, but prefer the latter two
- German Lagers of all Sorts
- Brown Ale
- I’ll put this here: I like Brett.
- But I love sour.
- American Barleywine
My wants are current.
Trading history includes three formal trades on BA and participation in Can Can BIFs #7 and #8.
- Beer Karma:
- 1,211 | Reviews: 360
Brewers: 423 | Beer Styles: 90
US States: 44 | Countries: 19
Wants: 31 | Gots: 0
Added: 77 | Pics Uploaded: 1
- 33 | Reviews: 25
Brewers: 12 | Bars/Eateries: 13 | Stores: 8
US States: 15 | Countries: 1
Added: 6 | Pics Uploaded: 0
- Posts: 5,803 | Likes Received: 68,883
- Upcoming | Added: 0