Meyvn, Male, from New Jersey
- TheGent was last seen:
- Dec 15, 2018 at 5:25 AM
I enjoy all things beer: drinking, reading, talking and exploring.
- New Jersey
Domestic work travel takes me all over the country and I go out of my way to try local beers, bars, and breweries when possible.
I was recently in Birmingham and spent a couple hours as Trim Tab. All their beer we’re very good at worst, and I particularly enjoyed their fruited sour beers.
Earlier in the year I saw Austin and San Antonio. I spent a delightful Spring evening at Jester King, and finally had the chance to enjoy several well executed lagers from Live Oak.
Prior to that I spent an evening at one of my all around favorite beer bars, Church Key, where I enjoyed my first experiences with both Aslin and Horus Aged Ales. After DC I was in Columbus, Ohio where I enjoyed my first beer from Jackie O’s.
The adventure is never ending, and I’ll be down in Atlanta in November.
- American IPA - Love a hazy juice bomb as much as the next guy, but enjoy the classics as well.
- Stout - Always on board with a big, barrel aged stout with a bunch of ingredients. Equally, if not more impressed by a straightforward stout with bold flavors.
- English Barleywine - This might be my favorite style. Throw it in a barrel and you’ve won me over.
- American Wild Ales - Fruit or not
- Flemish Browns and Reds
- Belgian Doubles, Tripels and Quads, Oh My.
- Any German Lager
- English Brown Ale
- Saisons - Especially sour
- American Barleywines
- Really anything else. Yea, there's not much I don't like. I'll drink my dislikes, but you'd not likely find me buying one.
- Beer Karma:
- 878 | Reviews: 249
Brewers: 351 | Beer Styles: 84
US States: 39 | Countries: 19
Wants: 33 | Gots: 0
Added: 45 | Pics Uploaded: 0
- 21 | Reviews: 17
Brewers: 7 | Bars/Eateries: 7 | Stores: 7
US States: 10 | Countries: 1
Added: 4 | Pics Uploaded: 0
- Posts: 3,813 | Likes Received: 40,736
- Upcoming | Added: 0