10 Breweries About to Blow Up In 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by HokiesandBeer, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMMillsy

BMMillsy Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Florida

Excited to hear about Odd Side bottling plans. Have had 3 or 4 from them on draft and all very nice. Mayan Mocha stout was yum!

Jose2412 likes this.
  2. dmfc906

dmfc906 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2010 Illinois

Just had Pipeworks Coffee Break Abduction this weekend...was really, really good. and Ninja v. Unicorn and Well Read Temptress are also top notch.

3. Jose2412

Jose2412 Initiate (0) Feb 25, 2012 Michigan

They have a freakin' bus!

4. chaseabeer

chaseabeer Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2009 Oklahoma

I don't think its too soon to say...

5. AugiePrimrose

AugiePrimrose Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2009 Illinois

I think Food Republic is based out of New York...thus the Eastern bias. It says their favorite breweries, not the best breweries. This list shows that Food Republic has very little knowledge of the West Coast beer scene.

6. mudbug

mudbug Pooh-Bah (1,738) Mar 27, 2009 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society

Yep, no knowledge at all it seems.

7. immobilisme

immobilisme Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

Do you want these breweries to blow up so you can, along with your PNW brethren ignore more trading posts? I don't get it.

stx00lax likes this.
  8. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

Probably one of the best beer lists of any kind I have seen in a long time.

HokiesandBeer likes this.
  9. OTB

OTB Pooh-Bah (1,779) Sep 2, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Waiting for some Ninja to show up on the porch any day now !

Cheers....

10. Dirty25

Dirty25 Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 Germany

Prarie Artisan is going places. Of the 3 beers I had of theirs, all of them were great. I had the ale, hop, and noir. Wish I was sticking around AR so I could regularly get them.

chaseabeer and OUJayhawk1799 like this.
  11. HokiesandBeer

HokiesandBeer Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2013 Pennsylvania

Let's see. 4 breweries from the East Coast. PA, FL, MA, NY. 4 breweries from the MidWest. IA, MI, IL, MO. 1 Mountain state, CO and one West Coast state, CA.

Now you being from Oregon and all, obviously have zero West Coast bias right? I mean I'm sure you've had ton's of beers from Tired Hands, Barrier Brewing, Funky Buddha and Jack's Abbey right? So since you've had so many beers from ALL these breweries then of course you're in position to determine that Boneyard or Block15 or ANY Oregon brewery is more deserving.

You sound like a child.

12. mrelizabeth

mrelizabeth Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 California
    Deactivated

Hate to say it, but this expansion ain't happening any time soon. And if it does, I wouldn't expect them out of SoCal in the next five years. Funds aren't in place, new brewery isn't designed & distribution by anyone other than Alpine is a long, long way off. Love their beer, but I'm not convinced that they actually WANT to expand. More power to 'em if they don't.

Instead, check out Societe Brewing Company just North of San Diego. They put out 3 of the top five IPA's in San Diego this past year. And that's sayin' something, especially when the other two are from Alpine.

13. mudbug

Pooh-Bah Society

Hey, all I did was point out the obvious East Coast bias in the article. If that is cause enough for you to get insulting, well go look in the mirror to see the child here.

14. mrelizabeth

mrelizabeth Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2012 California
    Deactivated

You can't really describe their IPA's. Many have tried. I'll just say that it is worth a trip to San Diego from anywhere in the United States just to try this brewery. Of course, you would also get to try Alesmith, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Port/Lost Abby, Stone, Hess, Offbeat, Helm's, Ironfire, Mission etc. But yes, a night in the motel across from Alpine with growlers of Bad Boy, Nelson, PH, maybe even Hoppy Birthday & bottles of Expo would be the beer highlight of the decade for any hophead. Of course, they don't announce their releases (thank god) so you never know what you're going to get.

15. HokiesandBeer

You: "There's no Oregon breweries on this this. This list sucks." :angry: .

I'm sorry that I find that childish.

16. mudbug

Pooh-Bah Society

So what? Nowhere in the article does it say the list is a regional list, you have to assume that it is because of the location of the publication. If you don't make that assumption then the list is quite obviously lacking. Maybe "sucks" was too harsh but I stand by my opinion.

17. HokiesandBeer

Fair enough but they didn't say "the best" or "top 10" they said "our favorites".

18. mudbug

Pooh-Bah Society

It's all just opinions, everyone has one

19. Colosdog

Colosdog Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2013 Massachusetts

Night Shift, Everett, MA - they're still in their infancy but they're doing some pretty cool stuff.

robNSB likes this.
  20. NoLeafClover44

NoLeafClover44 Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2011 Delaware

I've gotta add Evolution to this list. They are doing big things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.