Firestone DBA/Pale 31 in NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Sneers, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneers

Sneers Initiate (0) Dec 27, 2009 Pennsylvania

So, FW recently started sending sixers of Union Jack our way, here in NJ (the reserve beers have been here a bit longer). But, has anyone heard any word on the other Pale Series beers, or the seasonals, for that matter, getting distributed here?

2. FrankyT

FrankyT Initiate (0) Jul 9, 2011 New Jersey

Not sure where in NJ you're talking about, or which seasonals but in SJ we get Sucaba and Parabola as seasonals.

I'd be curious about the other seasonals coming to NJ/SJ as well though. The more FW beers, the better.

Had a 2011 Abacus a couple days ago...man oh man was that good.

3. Sneers

FW's website lists Solace and Velvet Merlin as seasonals.

4. mjw52

mjw52 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2010 New Jersey

Just picked up a 6er of Union Jack yesterday. Love this beer.

5. dwaz

dwaz Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2008 Pennsylvania

Talked to David Walker during 2011 Philly Beer Week. He told me that FW would not distribute Double Barrel Ale or Pale 31 to the East Coast due to worry about how these lower alcohol beers would hold up to the travel and capacity issues. Having lived in LA and having drank a ton FW, I was really looking forward to being buy DBA and Pale 31 on a regular basis, so I was/am disappointed. However, it shows up from time to time in very limited quantities in PA and Maryland.

6. bhir

bhir Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2011 Pennsylvania

I've seen them in PA in variety cases, but not loose. The variety case is Union Jack, DBA, Pale 31, and Velvet Merlin

7. NJOssie

NJOssie Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 New Jersey

those actually fall under the Proprietors Reserve Series which is all we've been getting in NJ. Union Jack just made it's debut in NJ a few weeks back but that's all we know is coming. Velvet Merlin is one I'd love to get out here as it was an extra in a trade that I loved.

good news is I've had confirmation we will get Double DBA. The one I'm curious about is Wookey Jack since it's the only one in the series that we either haven't gotten and I haven't had any confirmation.

8. NJOssie

NJOssie Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 New Jersey

looks like that's a yes for Wookey Jack. we continue to get all Proprietor Reserves

9. Sneers

Aw, that's too bad.

10. SPRichard

SPRichard Maven (1,260) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

Singles of DBA and Pale 31 were on the shelf at Whole Foods Plymouth Meeting as of Saturday afternoon. I believe $2.49 or $2.99 per single

11. tobelerone

tobelerone Grand Pooh-Bah (4,146) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

To me those are the least exciting of the FW beers and there are other things available here that can fill that gap. The one I'd really like to see get regular east coast distribution is Velvet Merlin...so delicious.

12. NPAS

NPAS Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2006 Pennsylvania

Any idea where to find sucaba in SJ?

13. Sneers

Timber Creek (I think that's what it was called) in Glendora had some, as did Valley Liquors in Hackettstown (note: these are nowhere near each other) as of last week.

14. SPRichard

SPRichard Maven (1,260) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

Total Wine and More in Cherry Hill by the mall has some. $13.99 a bottle

15. Elfastball7

Elfastball7 Zealot (652) Oct 7, 2007 New Jersey

The distributor for Monmouth and Ocean counties-Richie and Page(company that bought out Crown) is out of stock on Union Jack.

16. EJLinneman

EJLinneman Pundit (920) Mar 2, 2009 New Jersey
    Trader

A friend of mine purchased some Union Jack today, so there's still some around.

17. schillman

schillman Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2009 New Jersey

Liquor Barn (Columbus Road) still has plenty

18. NPAS

NPAS Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2006 Pennsylvania

Thanks bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.