What's on tap in your kegerator?

Discussion in 'Home Bar' started by Mattmc1973, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripps1

ripps1 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

I got this through my local bottle shop. One of my favorite IPA's

2. fineout

fineout Crusader (499) Apr 23, 2010 Rhode Island

Just tapped Loose Cannon, I was hoping to get something special but my keg was kicked the day before the super bowl and i wanted something for the game.

3. CKYnick01

CKYnick01 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2013 Delaware

Currently Allagash triple, an easy drinker for me. Cant decide on whats next though! I wish I could find a keg of Dogfish Fort, stateline liqours in md where I usually go had one, but i passed because dfh keg prices are really out there.

4. BigStein88

BigStein88 Savant (1,047) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

Got the first keg of non Redhook from the brewery in Portsmouth (they brew Widmer stuff there but never sold it until I asked about it), the Pitch Black IPA.

5. VikeMan

VikeMan Grand Pooh-Bah (3,043) Jul 12, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Vienna Lager
    Bohemian Pilsner
    Robust Porter

6. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (1,162) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

Sirerra Ruthless Rye and Yuengling Porter
    [​IMG]

7. Gunch52

Gunch52 Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2013 Texas

1/6 Peticolas Royal Scandal

8. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Grand Pooh-Bah (3,655) Aug 18, 2008 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

[​IMG]

Just tapped a sixtel of Saison Dupont.

9. fineout

were you able to get the handles at the same place you got the kegs? or did you just have them?

10. DougC123

Some I buy, some I get where I get the kegs. The Yuengling was a "get", the Sierra a buy. Just put Two Roads Road 2 Ruin on tap today in place of the Sierra, and it was a "get". It was actually the first one I've asked for because I couldn't find it for sale. Ordered the keg yesterday, and it plus the handle showed up today.

Thorpe429 likes this.
  11. RockAZ

RockAZ Pundit (983) Jan 6, 2009 Arizona

Avalon said:
    The brewery doesn't sell those right? I haven't checked the local shops that do kegs, but I'd love that or mongo! Wish Port/LA did kegs still.​
    We can get High Tide, Mongo and Wipeout - sporadically, and there are limited quantities at the distributor but they definitely still ship kegs of these. On tap at my house now is Odell IPA and New Belgium Rampant.

12. CKYnick01

CKYnick01 Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2013 Delaware

Finally found a sixtel of Dogfish Head Etrusca :slight_smile:

13. DougC123

14. DougC123

[​IMG]
    Yuengling Porter and Two Roads Road 2 Ruin

15. daysinthewake

daysinthewake Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2010 California

16. mborden

mborden Zealot (653) Jan 28, 2009 New York

Das Homebraus: Belgian Dubbel & Hope & King Scotch Ale kit.
    And I just bottled a Robust Porter that I secondaried with Bulleit Rye and oak cubes.

17. fineout

Sorry for bothering you about this but I've just started a handle collection and love having matching ones for the beers i get, so you just order the keg from a store and say hey can i get the tap handle with it and they get it for you? or do you order straight from the distro and have it delivered somehow?

18. DougC123

I buy some on eBay, I buy some from the brewery, and for the hard to find one I asked the store where I buy my kegs to ask the distributor, who came up with it and delivered it to the store with the keg.
    In 20 something kegs it is the first time I've played that card. The Yuengling was a gift from another keg shop that screwed up my orderr. Often times there are good deals on multi piece lots on eBay.

19. BigStein88

BigStein88 Savant (1,047) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

Just curious, I see a lot of folks on here are running the 5 gallon kegs. Around me, those things are pretty expensive, generally about 1/2 the price of the 15.5 gallon half barrels. I have a real hard time paying 1/2 the price for 1/3 the beer so rarely get them (matter of fact, have run only one about 9 years of having my kegerator). Are prices for the smaller barrels more in line where others live?

Oh, and just kicked my keg of Pitch Black so picking up a Little Sumpin Sumpin tomorrow afternoon (15.5 gallons).

20. DougC123

Sixth kegs are no value. I run them because I want to be able to run two at once. Also saves taking a ton of bottles to recycling or redemption. The value is in halves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.