1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Beat still at RR

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by oreo, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcb890

Jcb890 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2008 Massachusetts

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

2. Jcb890

That's a dick move.

3. alwaysanswerb

alwaysanswerb Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2010 California

That's cool. I'm talking about this batch though, 005. I haven't tried to speculate as to the value of any of the older batches. All I know is that a lot of people seem to be interested in 005, and there seem to be a lot of different opinions flying around as to its worth. My main position on it is that bottle count alone shouldn't determine trade value. Russian River rightly made a good-sized batch this time to satisfy demand, but you still have to go there to get it, which doesn't exactly make it "easy to get" for most people.

Edited to avoid double posting:

You disagree that newer traders aren't primarily motivated by greed? That's... discouraging.

4. leschkie

leschkie Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2011 California

So you're telling me I have no life, huh? :wink:

MarkIntihar likes this.
  5. Levitation

Levitation Initiate (0) Aug 7, 2009 California

alwaysanswerb likes this.
  6. Jcb890

I was mostly disagreeing that the unreasonable threads are sparse. However, the majority of "generous" trade offers are from veteran BA's, not new guys. A lot of the newer crowd seems to want to maximize what they can get from their bottles, no matter what it is. And I don't buy the "benign ignorance" claim. Some of the beers people are looking for aren't exactly beers that jump off the page to someone new to beer or trading. I completely agree that it is discouraging, but unfortunately, that's becoming the new "beer trading world" that we live in.

7. alwaysanswerb

alwaysanswerb Initiate (0) Jun 28, 2010 California

Fair enough...

8. Levitation

damn, the irony... lol

Photekut likes this.
  9. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

I asked this multiple times upthread, but since oreo seems to have abandoned this thread without answering the question I'll redirect it to you: Where are these unreasonable ISO's? I'd like to see some links.

10. Levitation

come on, i don't think you're going to get a good response. this is a troll thread. notice this:

he's already getting the beer for a fair trade. he just wants to bitch.

11. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

I think that having my question repeatedly go unanswered clarifies that there's no merit to the complaint.

cpinto6 likes this.
  12. Jcb890

I've never traded with you and never will, how would you know how I trade? All you see is my forum posts. I try and hook my trading partners up. I have had to trade for just about every single beer in my cellar, but I would definitely hook people up with reasonable trades if I had access to something like Beatification where I could go back multiple days with a max of 6 bottles.

13. Levitation

your iso's give a pretty clear picture of maximizing (or overreaching in) trade value. :slight_smile:

14. Jcb890

I'm on my phone now and its not exactly easy to do that so I'll post back when I'm at my computer tonight or tomorrow about it.

I'm not getting butthurt about it, like I said, this is becoming commonplace at this point. The King Henry release was the same way basically. I do enjoy the discussions and bitching about it though, haha.

I made a thread and offered up what I feel is some fair beers that I currently have in my cellar. If nobody wants to trade me a Beatification then so be it.

15. Pwnzilla

Pwnzilla Initiate (0) Oct 19, 2011 Washington

Thats sucks, Im hoping to get a KH here soon. I dont think I could 2 BCBS, just because i dont have that many left. Im also getting a birthday beer package tomorrow and it has a better half in it. I dont want you to think im holding my beer for ransom, it just amazes me how fast 4 beers can disappear. im kicking myself in the asss for not buying much more.

This is what was said for anyone thinking im a dick

16. Pwnzilla

I dont think 2 BCBS is that much for a beer i flew 3 hours to CA for. Sorry my beer is worth more than that in my eyes

17. Jcb890

I'm guilty of this sometimes too, yes. But, I would also argue that my finalized trades are quite fair and I don't think my past trading partners are ever unhappy with the deal. Like I said before, everything I have, I trade for, so its tougher sometimes, but when I get a chance to hook people up if a release hits around here and I get some, I do. And if I could get beatification I would trade it out and not hold it for ransom.

18. Jcb890

Then why did you agree in the first place? If you didn't, then no biggie. But if you agree to a trade, then back out, that's kind of a dick move man.

19. futura123

futura123 Initiate (0) Jul 29, 2010 California

I just want to say I'm totally happy trading with Jake in the past and I will do again in the future if we ever cross path.

Jcb890 likes this.
  20. Pwnzilla

We didnt agree at all. I saw how KBS went and didnt want to make any promises I couldnt keep. My original offer was for Cascade, Bourbon Fred.... Nothing was mentioned of Beatification until I brought up Pliny since I was heading to Russian River, he brought up beat not me. He wrote me today not me. There is always many sides to every story, dont believe something just because its on a beer forum. Is there any way to show you the entire thread of conversations, If so i would love too.

Sorry rereading my post, I did mention Beatification. However there was no deal made for anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.