1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

The 'help a guy who missed out on DLD' thread. :)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by UncleFlip, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UncleFlip

UncleFlip Initiate (0) May 25, 2005 Alabama

I've been going to Dark Lord Day every year since 2006 (I drive up overnight from Alabama to be there), but this year, I got shut out on tickets and my tradition has come to an end (hopefully just for this year).

I just wondered if I could crowd-source to still get DL '13 in my cellar. I'm looking for anyone who would be willing to send a bottle-- in exchange for compensation (to be discussed in private message, but will likely include brews local to us here in AL, that you might not be able to get back home).

I would greatly appreciate the help of fellow beer geeks. Some of you have been very generous and helpful in the past, so I figured I'd see if that continues today. Can't blame a guy for trying, I guess. :slight_smile:

Thanks for any help with making a crappy day (I still have to go move a beehive) a little better.

Be well
    -UF

2. UncleFlip

Very true. I guess 7 years was a good run. BTW, as a Dudeist minister, I love your profile picture.

Be well
    -UF

3. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Illinois

Well shit, that sucks. If I hear about someone with an open guest spot (or my guest backs out suddenly), I'll definitely let you know.

MordorMongo likes this.
  4. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Illinois

I don't think you'll have a problem trading for one. If I have an extra, I'll set it aside for you, plus AL is on my list of states I need to try a beer from.

5. UncleFlip

Cool. Kinda disappointing not the be able to be there- as it's just as much about the fun I have at the fest and making the road trip- but it is good to know I've got a chance of having 2013 in the cellar. Thanks for your consideration!

Be well
    -UF

gpawned likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.