1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Growling at the Moon - April

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Imstillthegman, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc55110

dc55110 Savant (1,116) Oct 24, 2010 Minnesota

My box will go out Saturday to the North East. The growler will contain a style very close to the targets favorite.

2. stonequarrywest

stonequarrywest Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2008 Ohio

Box from DJmichaelk...
    CCB Tocobaga
    7venth Sun Belge D'Or
    Parabola 2011
    Peruvian Morning 2012
    ... CCB Cubano Style Espesso
    7venth Sun snifter

Great box my friend much appreciated can't wait to crack the 7venth. First time beer from them !!
    CheersSee More
    [​IMG]

3. djmichaelk

djmichaelk Pundit (995) Jul 6, 2008 Florida

Realized a bit too late that you'd just had Tocobaga (only checked gots/wants but not hads), sorry about that! At least I got to hit a few wants.

...and I love the shape of the 7venth Sun glass, it's my new favorite.

4. BeerTruth

BeerTruth Initiate (0) Jan 23, 2007 Connecticut

Got a package today from Jed in Indiana!

Growler of Sun King Timmie (whoa, 64 oz. of a 10% RIS...we got this!)
    16 oz. can of Sun King Isis
    12 oz. bottle of Mt. Carmel IPA
    22 oz. bomber of 3F Artic Panzer Wolf
    22 oz. bomber of Cutters Empire Impy Stout

Thanks Jed!!! These will get consumed rather soon :grinning:

5. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

Glad it made it safe. Hope you enjoy all the Indiana goodies. I figured since there are two of you involved, draining a RIS would be no problem:slight_smile:

6. naproxen

naproxen Initiate (0) May 25, 2007 District of Columbia

Heck yeah, thank you!! I'll be out in Indianapolis next month for a conference, I'm looking forward to exploring the beer scene there and picking up more Sun King cans

7. awalk1227

awalk1227 Initiate (0) May 2, 2010 Georgia

Sorry for lack of clues/updates! Got a few great candidates for a growler, just have to decide which I'm gonna put together. Anyway, because there are so many of them from this state, my clue will be simple, but tantalize a few of you:

People eat Primanti Bros Sandwiches here! (Did I spell that right?)

8. dc55110

dc55110 Savant (1,116) Oct 24, 2010 Minnesota

Was able to pick up a growler today from the brewery I wanted. Unfortunately they were out of my first choice, but as this brewery specializes in American takes on beer from a specific country, it shouldn't be too far from the Targets most desired style.

Hits FedEx in the morning then heads south and east, but stays north of nearly every other state.

9. stonequarrywest

stonequarrywest Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2008 Ohio

No worries.... it always good to get some CCB. Funny thing is....that I was just in florida for work and my last 2 BIF's were both sent form florida !

Used the glass last night as a matter of fact.

10. alpinebryant

alpinebryant Maven (1,353) Feb 11, 2009 Connecticut
    Trader

Received a nice package from NewGeneric earlier this week but was not home until later last night. Popped the growler in the fridge from Kern river yesterday and I am sipping on it now. Dirty Hippie, great imperial red ale, to the likes of Big Hoppy Monster from Terrapin IMO, a bottle of Citra! a pint glass from Kern River and a T-shirt from Kern River.

Big ups, Thanks man!

Picture of the goods:
    http://tinypic.com/r/hvqs91/5

Review of Dirty hippie:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/14064/79810/?ba=alpinebryant

11. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2008 Illinois

Final hint:

A modified 12 bottle styro will be leaving the Chicago burbs on Monday morning headed Northeast filled with 138oz of beer and a pretty nifty brewery tulip glass. Will be arriving in a place that seems like it should be in Mountain Standard Time Zone not in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.

Apologies again to the receipient for being tardy on this go round, but hoping the couple of wants I'm able to hit will make up for the lack of beer by Easter.

Cheers!

12. joepais

joepais Initiate (0) Oct 5, 2007 Maine

Waiting for a seasonal want for my target that is in the fermenter but it is not cooperating. I hate being late so I might have to ship something else

13. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

Received a generous second package to get me something new. Selin's Grove growler that I haven't popped yet. Thanks for going above and beyond on this akorsak and Deuane! True beer advocates.

14. sholland119

sholland119 Pooh-Bah (2,356) Sep 8, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Box is on the truck for delivery today.

15. sholland119

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Attempted delivery not successful. Not sure why the box could not be left. Better luck tomorrow?!?

16. ffejherb

ffejherb Pooh-Bah (2,269) Oct 18, 2006 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

A growler of a dessert-like beer (as well as some extras and swag) is heading out today to a destination south of PA to a city that gave birth to one of my favorite bands to come out of the 80's.

17. ppoitras

ppoitras Pooh-Bah (2,950) Jan 15, 2004 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

My box headed deep yesterday. Hopefully we'll see a westward delivery before the weekend.

18. BRoss242

BRoss242 Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2005 Louisiana
    Trader

Sorry for the delay, but my box went out yesterday afternoon as well, also heading to the west. Should be at it's destination by Friday.

19. aerozeppl

aerozeppl Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2006 New York

Posted in the facebook group but not here. Got a box from Gabe. Roggen Cascade. Alpha King Zombie Dust Columbus IPA and 2009 Scotty Karate. Sadly the only thing left is the karate. Great box.

Also I shipped to unclejedi this month. I talked to him and he was " coming back from a beer festival and planning one locally" He got a Growler of CH Evans Old Musty Barelywine. Can of Heady Topper. Munich Dunkel from Slyfox. No Apologies DIPA from Blue Point and a bomber of Druid Fluid from Middle Ages. Happy Anniversary guys!

20. sholland119

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Delivery attempt number three today. I hope this one is successful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.