Buy Boston a Beer

Discussion in 'New England' started by david3tides, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacksAbbyBrewing

JacksAbbyBrewing Zealot (509) Jul 19, 2011 Massachusetts

Big thanks to Marshall Wharf for getting the ball rolling on this.

We finalized the location. We will be having the fundraiser at The Framingham Tavern tomorrow. They open at 3pm and we plan to be there all night. All the beer is being donated and all proceeds will be donated. We have not finalized which charity yet, but it will be something that will directly support the victims.

In addition to Marshal Wharf and ourselves we have confirmed Tree House Brewing, Clown Shoes and Ipswich and hope to confirm more now that we have a location.

Please help us get the word out.

Hanzo, Kelp, blt2646 and 6 others like this.
  2. Mbarry7

Mbarry7 Initiate (0) Jun 8, 2012 Massachusetts

Amazing job guys. I'll be there after work to meet everyone. Once again, if any help is needed let us know.

3. omniscientcause

omniscientcause Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2010 District of Columbia

Wish I could join my office is less than 100 yards from the first explosion. Very chaotic scene yesterday. I appreciate all the effort to making this happen today.

Cheers

4. seanwhite

seanwhite Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts

Will be there, and will tweet about it from @BostonHopHead

5. MGambleWWS

MGambleWWS Initiate (0) Nov 12, 2007 Massachusetts

Myself and as many of the Clown Shoes crew as I can get will be there tomorrow, thanks to everyone who supports this cause and especially the guys at Jack's Abby and the Framingham Tavern for putting this all together so quickly.

RMoeNay, fearfactory and sandman3479 like this.
  6. david3tides

david3tides Initiate (0) Dec 19, 2006 Maine

Maine Beer Company is in. Thanks Dan & David!

RMoeNay likes this.
  7. JacksAbbyBrewing

Battle Road Brewing just confirmed that they will be involved. It is amazing how fast this is coming together and word is getting out. If any other breweries want to be involved just get in touch with us, we would love to have you.

jomobono and sandman3479 like this.
  8. 4kbrianb

4kbrianb Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2013 California

this is very awesome, I am glad you guys got it set up so quickly. Wish I could help out and support more from this side of the country. just know that California is sending love and support for those impacted by that shitty act of evil and weakness.

So much good can come out of something so Evil, and everyone is a Bostonian right now!

9. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

You guys have any interest in taking bottle donations to raffle off tomorrow?

10. JacksAbbyBrewing

That is a great idea! We would love to do this if there is enough interest.

Auror likes this.
  11. the_JesseLane

the_JesseLane Initiate (0) Dec 21, 2012 Massachusetts

Will try to get out there, probably will be very late. Hope to see many people out there! (Thursday mornings at work be damned!)

Auror likes this.
  12. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Great idea James, I would donate some bottles and some Heady Topper.

Auror likes this.
  13. JacksAbbyBrewing

If you have a bottle(s) that you would like to donate for a raffle, send me a private message and I will figure out how to set it up. The only thing is you would have to be able to get the bottle to The Tavern tomorrow by whenever we decide to have the raffle. I am thinking 8pm would be a good time for that.

jaasen64 and Auror like this.
  14. david3tides

Yay Allagash! Keep it coming guys.

Auror likes this.
  15. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

For those who can't make Framingham tomorrow, we're organizing a large fundraiser in the Boston area.

We'll post more info once the details are sorted out.

All the best tomorrow. We'll help spread the word.

Cheers!

kc4334, johnyb, Kelp and 11 others like this.
  16. Chlodwig23

Chlodwig23 Initiate (0) May 14, 2009 Massachusetts

Proceeds from the long anticipated Mystic Brewery barrel program release of Entropy this Saturday will be donated to victims and their families. We are very sad but glad we have a release this big to make a serious contribution in helping. Details soon.

This is uncannily what 'entropy' actually means to us: to live life itself we must always fight against chaos.

Peace,
    Bryan

17. david3tides

All right. Oxbow is in. The Maine collection is now Oxbow, Allagash, Maine Beer Company & Marshall Wharf. More to come!

18. jomobono

jomobono Savant (1,114) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

This is amazing. I will see you tomorrow, thank you to all the brewers!

19. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2010 Massachusetts

The Maine collection is for tomorrow, and or the BA fundraiser? This is awesome turnaround guys, bravo. #beeradvocateproud

20. DNuggs

DNuggs Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts

This is an awesome idea...definitely headed to the Tavern after work tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.