Stockholm - anybody out there on May 18th?

Discussion in 'Nordics' started by grze, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grze

grze Maven (1,460) Apr 17, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

I'm looking for someone who would be able to get me one bottle of Cantillon beer in Stockholm on May 18th at 17:00 local time at one of the pubs over there.

I'm in California and I will get you whatever possible here or do anything reasonable in exchange!!

Pleaaaaaaase help!

2. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

It's not for take away. That's illegal in Sweden. There will be no bottles leaving Akkurat premises.

3. grze

Trader

Wow. That sucks. The whole plan goes out the window :/ That's weird too, I remember when I was in Sweden around 12 years ago (around arctic circle somewhere) I never experienced such restriction.

4. Pundarquartis

Pundarquartis Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2010 Denmark

I honestly don't know what you experienced, but this law has been enforced since the monopoly first opened (i.e. the 50s). The last batch of Soleil du Minuit was available in a tiny amount at the monopoly and that is more or less the only reason it got around at all. A few bottles were also gifted to certain people by the owners of Akkurat.

If you were able to buy bottles to go anywhere in Sweden 12 years ago, you were committing an illegal act. Just so you know.

5. grze

Trader

Ha. Good to know. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.