Ever drink a beer you just KNEW you shouldn't have...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by CasanovaCummins, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcsnyder

pcsnyder Zealot (677) May 2, 2011 Pennsylvania

Anything Victory or Leinenkugel's. I don't know why, but those two brands ALWAYS make me ill, even if I only have a taste. But some Victory beers are just so tasty that, when I was younger and dumber, I just couldn't resist, even though I knew I'd be worshiping the porcelain goddess after just one gulp.

2. innuendobrewskiman63

innuendobrewskiman63 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2012 New York

You should seek out DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus, it's a chocolate peanut butter porter.. sorry no banana but its pretty tasty

3. snohojimbo

snohojimbo Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2012 Washington

Years ago. A friend talked me into one of those flavored St. Ides. Yuck. And instant gut ache to boot. :^P

4. JDizzle

JDizzle Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2010 Indiana

Short's Bloody Beer. I couldn't even finish the sample.... hate that beer!

5. CasanovaCummins

CasanovaCummins Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2012 Nevada

Now that's dedication!

pcsnyder likes this.
  6. inchrisin

inchrisin Pooh-Bah (2,013) Sep 25, 2008 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah

Any time someone hands me a Summer Shandy I think, "maybe I'm being too hard on it." It's always very disappointing.

craigo19 likes this.
  7. TheRealDBCooper

TheRealDBCooper Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Svalbard & Jan Mayen Islands

I ordered (and drank) a third pitcher of Guinness once because when I called the waitress over for the tab my brother said, "you aren't going to order another one are you?"

Fuck you, yes I am.

Dumbest...order...ever. (And I was pretty much aware of that going in.)

MammaGoose likes this.
  8. jlenik

jlenik Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2009 New Jersey

booo

ESeab likes this.
  9. Stevicus

Stevicus Aspirant (281) Jul 1, 2009 California

This. I get home hammered and say, I only have 3 left of my 200X BCBCS bottles, I should have one right now. Wake the next day with 3/4 of a bottle of Soy Sauce on my desk.

10. Momar42

Momar42 Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2010 Maryland

Ghost Faced Killah and DFH Fort. Both smelled exactly like they ended up tasting and I should have never let it get that far. Killah burned like when you pee after a weekend in TJ. Fort actually smelled more boozy than it was listed and even after two years tasted even more so. It was nail polish remover with raspberries. Blech.

11. TheRicker

TheRicker Initiate (0) Feb 23, 2012 New York

my buddy any I were at The Blue Monk in Buffalo, he saw the bottle of Maple bacon ale and decided he had to have it.... I warned, you don't want that, you are not going to like it! He still shelled out like $22 for it and gave most of it away to people to taste, likely to torture others

12. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

Left hand 400 lb Monkey after I already tasted another infected one. But I was a little inebriated and figured it wouldn't kill me...probably.

13. JrGtr

JrGtr Pooh-Bah (1,689) Apr 13, 2006 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

They had another one a couple years back that was a spearmint ale. I only had a sample the day it came out (I was NOT there on purpose for that) and could barely choke it. Picture drinking a fair IPA while chewing a fresh peice of gum.
    I was back a month or so later, and for morbid curiosity tried it again. Much better after the mint faded way down.

14. davey101

davey101 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut

I actively seek bad beers and actually enjoy most of them. 1997 Triple Bock? +30% rDev all day, errrryday! My only weakness is BL chelada though, that was a huge mistake.

15. Barrelsnbeer

Barrelsnbeer Initiate (0) Oct 6, 2012 North Carolina

you know whats really funny is that i know multiple people that have to stop themselves from purchasing too much of it, they say its one of the best beer they ever had weird how palates work that way

Skunkdrool likes this.
  16. tiffanya

tiffanya Initiate (0) Aug 14, 2006 Washington

Boss Green Beer. I should've known better.

17. pieman25

pieman25 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2010 Canada (ON)

I'm not sure about "a tick is a tick", but I'm like you in that I never regret trying new beer. Even if you don't like it, it's still good to try new stuff.

18. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2012 California

Had an infected night stalker, took a sip to see how terrible it was.

Rimbimhoot likes this.
  19. Jirin

Jirin Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 Massachusetts

I went to this event once that promised free pizza and beer. That beer turned out to be Coors Light. I figure, it's the only beer available to me, worst case scenario it's average and bland.

Wrong.

craigo19 likes this.
  20. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2010 Massachusetts

Curious Traveler Shandy...yikes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.