Oregon Brewing Co. (Rogue Ales) sues Rogue 24 for trademark infringement

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Smakawhat, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dowlers

Dowlers Aspirant (260) Apr 26, 2013 California

I always(idealistically) thought the craft brewing world was better than this. When Ballast point got sued over Yellowtail I thought only some duchey winery would do such a thing. When the hop shortage hit several years ago and the Sam Adams people shared their hops with other breweries I thought this is what it's all about.

Very disappointed in this if it is as clear cut as the article presents it.

2. juliusseizure

juliusseizure Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2009 New York

Not uncommon for people to hate a company not for their products but their business practices, which I won't go into detail about since you can just google what people are complaining about. For context, I got into craft beer while living in Corvallis, OR and Rogue's headquarters were an hour away. First brewpub I visited, first flight I ever tried, first everything. Brutal Bitter was my go to beer for a year after that experience.

You would have to be 12 years old to think people can't hate on a company just because they make good products. But I gather you are drinking legally.

3. PorterLambic

PorterLambic Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2003 Florida

Shakespeare, Double Choc. Stout & Hazelnut are very good, IMO and Dead Guy & Voodoo Maple Bacon Doughnut are freaking fabulous!!!! But the other eight I've had weren't worth the time to drink them. My problem with their beers is the inconsistency of them, some very good, some pure dreck. Too much of a gamble to be drinking any of their stuff on anything like a regular basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.