Costco and Craft Beer

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by QuakeAttack, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeastLU

BeastLU Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2012 Virginia

I hope they continue to step up their craft game. They know how to make money selling alcohol, they are the biggest wine sellers in the US.

2. sharpski

sharpski Pooh-Bah (2,806) Oct 11, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Buyers purchase for one department to stock all stores in a region, rather than an individual Buyer for each store buying everything. Those Buyers can definitely target individual locations for specific SKU's, but it's the same Buyer for San Ramon's beer/wine as it is for all of Northern California. Since the Bay Area office is in Livermore, maybe the Buyer uses San Ramon as his guinea pig store?

3. JDD419

JDD419 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2013 Ohio

The Costco in Toledo doesn't have anything like what is being described. It has (3) bombers of Duvel, sampler of Great Lakes, BMC, SNPA, and Yuengling.

4. Sparty2014

Sparty2014 Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2013 Michigan

My liver is happy that your Costco is 2000 miles away.

5. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (1,162) Aug 21, 2012 Connecticut

We are due for a stocking run on the regular stuff, I will have to check out the liquor store in Brookfield.

6. olekern

olekern Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2010 California

Close, but the Richmond store is actually the bigger craft buyer (I know). Yes, we often have specific skus going there.

7. olfolxholme

olfolxholme Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2011 California

Note to self: MUST VISIT RICHMOND AND SAN RAMON COSTCOS MORE OFTEN

8. Boonedog

Boonedog Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 Illinois

Not necessarily true. We have 3 Costco stores pretty close and they have different selections of beers. For instance the closest one to me has an abundance of Polish beers. Obviously to accommodate our local Polish community.

9. bladerR

bladerR Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2012 California

I was able to pick up a bottle of White Oak at the Concord location but have not seen this at all in Richmond.

10. Omer4176

Omer4176 Initiate (0) Dec 24, 2011 California

Would this be the Signal Hill location?

Salud!

11. Omer4176

I would assume this also true for Sams Club?

Salud!

12. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Missouri

I was just getting ready to type this myself. I have a Sam's Club right down the street from work. If I don't need a membership I might pop in there on my lunch break.

13. Omer4176

Yea I'm gonna try the one by my house after work. Let me know how yours goes.

Salud!

14. yoitsarch

yoitsarch Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 California

It should be the same at sams club too. its illegal to charge a membership fee to purchase alcohol.

15. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Pooh-Bah (2,611) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah Society

16. Gkitt

Gkitt Initiate (0) May 2, 2013 Pennsylvania

You can only buy beer in PA at Beer Distributors, Bars & Restaurants. Giant Eagle grocery stores sells beer, but only because they have a specific area separate from the grocery store that is an individually licensed "Cafe", but you can only purchase 144 oz. per visit (carry out).

17. BeerBum

BeerBum Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2012 California

Mine has Double Jack, Wookey Jack, and these

[​IMG]

18. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2012 Missouri

Hhhhnnnnnggg

jdmandel and cw577enfield like this.
  19. robconoclast

robconoclast Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2012 Ohio

As well as Chimay, Ommengang, and Dogfish Head. They also have GLBC variety packs now.

20. sajaffe1

sajaffe1 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2013 Utah

Unlikely. I am originally from PA and state law only allows alcohol sales in devoted stores or other stores such as Wegman's if the beer section is walled off from everything else. Few get the permits needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.