Good Beer Houston: Your Side of Town's Best Bars

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by tx_beer_man, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanmiller

nathanmiller Initiate (0) Oct 7, 2009 New York

Up in my Montrose/Neartown/Upper Kirby post.

2. twiggamortis420

twiggamortis420 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2006 Texas

When was the last time you were there? My old office is right there and the pub was closed down a year or so ago. I havnt driven by in probably the past 6 months or so, but it didnt look like re-opening was in its future.

3. DonD

DonD Zealot (555) Jun 23, 2008 Texas

They opened a new location at Eldridge and Westheimer when that one shut down.

twiggamortis420 likes this.
  4. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012 Texas

Little Woodrow's in EaDo is pretty nice too. I love the patio and overall atmosphere. Very laid back. Draft and Bottle selection are pretty nice as well.

5. DanzBorin

This...

It was one of the places I used to be at 2-3 times a month. Then they shut down. The new location is nicer, but has lost something.

Beer selection is better, but mostly BMC and local.

6. wolffman17

wolffman17 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2005 Texas

Added El Gran Malo to the spreadsheet. Great place that tends to get overlooked.

7. champ103

champ103 Grand Pooh-Bah (5,682) Sep 3, 2007 Texas
    Pooh-Bah Society

I love El Gran Malo. They are opening another location downtown, in the spot were Cabo use to be. Right next door to Franks Pizza. Its going to be great to see what they can do with all that space and awesome outdoor area.

Beernerds and wolffman17 like this.
  8. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2011 Texas

Ill let someone else add it since I'm on my phone, but The Bone Yard is a good spot if you have dog. Also heard about a similar place near washington, but can't recall the name.

jaymesbawned and wolffman17 like this.
  9. wolffman17

wolffman17 Initiate (0) Jul 14, 2005 Texas

Boneyard is one of the coolest concepts in town. Can get kind of get crazy during peak times, but I think it's a brilliant place for those with dogs.

10. DanzBorin

Because the service sucks butt.

11. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Texas

Also because I don't drink beer there. I drink jalapeno pineapple nutmeg cherry pine vanilla infused tequila!!

12. DanzBorin

I think I had that one! lol

It took an hour to get after it took an hour to get them to notice we existed. :angry:

13. Daemose

Daemose Maven (1,407) Oct 3, 2011 Texas

14. champ103

Pooh-Bah Society

I have never had bad service there. There are a handful of Houston beers, awesome tequila cocktails, and the best tacos around...whatever, just one less person taking up bar space:wink:

15. Houston_E89

Houston_E89 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2012 Texas

I'm here to place more emphasis on D & T Drive Inn and how awesome and laid back it is.

[​IMG]

champ103 likes this.
  16. champ103

Pooh-Bah Society

Send me a BM next time you want to go. We should meet up for a beer, between D&T and Cottonwood I am sure we have already met.:grinning:

Houston_E89 likes this.
  17. HookemHops13

HookemHops13 Initiate (0) Mar 21, 2013 Texas

At el gran Malo right now. Great service, had a lost gold IPA, carnitas taco, pork belly taco, and snapper taco. Enjoying a rodeo clown now. Great place and walking distance from my new house!

Houston_E89 and champ103 like this.
  18. Houston_E89

Oh shit! - I live right there lol, I'm on 18th lol

Hell, I'm going back out there in an hour or so actually lol - All of us Heights Guys really need to get together and have a bottle share or just go have a beer or something! lol

19. mnguyen281

mnguyen281 Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 Texas

I always go to cottonwood and petrol just because the people who work there are cool. Long drive from katy, but completely worth it.

lndsy and Houston_E89 like this.
  20. Houston_E89

Need to add D&T to that list - the same couple that own Downhouse own D&T, They are cool as fuck and work the bar every night since D&T is just getting off the ground.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.