Two Bros: Laughing Panda

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by beardown2489, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beardown2489

beardown2489 Pooh-Bah (1,892) Oct 5, 2012 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society

Whose had it and what did you think?

For me, it's the best beer they've put out. Really never loved any of their ales until sidekick. But this one could be a game changer for them. Really really solid IPA. Seek it out and see for yourself.

2. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2012 Illinois

Sidekick and Laughing Panda are delicious. But Hop Juice and Hop Juice Black are still king to me, from them.

brewconnoisseur likes this.
  3. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Initiate (0) Sep 19, 2012 Illinois

Was not a fan of Sidekick, maybe a 6/10.

Cane & Abel is by far their best beer IMHO.

4. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

It is a sweet, sweet ipa, marmalade and green tea notes. It is decent but too sweet. Enjoyed Resistance and Hop Juice better. And I think they have some good beers.

5. beardown2489

Pooh-Bah Society

Cane & Ebel was what turned me into two bros. even though I'm not a rye guy.

Outlaw and resistance were just average two me. Sidekick and LaughingPanda have them moving in the right direction.

I hope they can the panda recipe, even if they don't have access to the tea all the time. The base would be great on its own merit. The tea isn't what makes the beer great.

6. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

7. Bay01

Bay01 Initiate (0) Nov 19, 2008 Illinois

Best beer they've ever made, hope they put out another batch soon.

8. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Pooh-Bah (1,944) Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

plus one on that as I would love to try it once!

9. fastenoughforphish

fastenoughforphish Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2012 Illinois

Fresh sidekick blew me away. I couldn't get enough of it. I thought it was a good bit better than daisy cutter. I FRICKED LOVED IT.

Laughing Panda was good, nice and sweet and different. I like when Two Brother's succeeds because they don't always put out the best.

Nachos4two likes this.
  10. beardown2489

Pooh-Bah Society

obviously a learning curve, and adapting to the market. Not everyone can be pipeworks. 2Bros has reallly been batting a good percentage lately. Dayman was out of this world as well. Great collab with Stone,iyam

11. crossovert

So the bitter end or ebel's weiss arent good cause they aren't "en vogue"?. Even stuff like Prairie PAth or Monarch I have found to be at the top of their styles.

Shagtastic and crushedvol like this.
  12. crushedvol

crushedvol Initiate (0) Jan 29, 2008 Illinois

This comparison is giving me a headache. If i'm reading it correctly the brewery who has been around for almost 20 years and started when Chicago was a barren wasteland of craft beer could learn a thing or two from the brewery that has been around for a year?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a pipeworks fan and a Fwb and have high hopes for them, but its a silly comparison. I doubt very much anyone from 2 bros is wondering how to be more like pipeworks.

trxxpaxxs, Shagtastic and ehammond1 like this.
  13. beardown2489

Pooh-Bah Society

A company follows trends, it they want to be successful. That doesn't take away from what they are doing with their other beers. Its not to say they aren't good. All I am saying is they are hitting their stride in putting out beer that is going to be well recieved by a larger amount of people. Like it or not, IPA's and APAs are trendy right now.

Prairie path was decent and so was monarch. I wouldn't consider then top of their styles, although I not as an experienced BA as many others on this site.

14. crossovert

Prairie path is easily top of its class for gluten free beers.

Shagtastic likes this.
  15. beardown2489

Pooh-Bah Society

I was merely saying that not every company comes out of the gate with a gameplan that happens to perfectly match the market. 2Bros has been around for a while, and offered beers that tended to be on the more english side of the spectrum. Recently, i believe they have made a bit of a change in that philosophy with offering like Dayman, Sidekick, Laughing Panda, ect. I think it is a smart move because that is what is 'hip' at the moment.

I started this thread to compliment 2Bros, not sure the reason for all this backlash. And I doubt Jim and Jeff would turn down any compliments comparyin them to the other success stories.

16. beardown2489

Pooh-Bah Society

thats nice if you feel that way. Do you exclusively drink gluten free beers? if the answer is no, then you should define it as an American Blonde Ale.

17. crossovert

????

18. beardown2489

Pooh-Bah Society

the guys didn't set out to make a gluten free beer. They set out to make a Blonde Ale. That is what they define it as. Its been being brewed for over 15 years and they only learned it was gluten free a few years ago.

So unless you are restricted to drinking gluten free beer, i don't understand why you would limit it to being judged as one.

19. crossovert

it is a gluten free beer as well as a blonde ale, yes I know that. ????

20. Keffa

Keffa Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2009 Ohio

Had stuff from Harvester yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.