Cantillon Distribution

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Matthewpakula, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoshBeerBalla

DoshBeerBalla Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 Colorado

It definitely exists. Just super limited.

2. evanrogers

evanrogers Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2013 Wisconsin

Where in WI have you found it?

3. SourinQns

SourinQns Initiate (0) Sep 23, 2012 New York
    Trader

Yup. The info they sent me said it would be here Thursday, but it showed up today. I was shocked too!

skinsfan likes this.
  4. Stinger80OH

Stinger80OH Initiate (0) Nov 11, 2011 Ohio

Nope. Never seen it at Lizardville, but I know first hand of at least 3 places who have had Cantillon in stock on multiple occasions throughout the years.

5. skinsfan

skinsfan Initiate (0) May 24, 2005 Maryland

I placed an order with belgiuminabox the week prior to Memorial Day. It was my first time ordering from them or anything overseas for that matter, so I had an email exchange with Kurt about shipping time frames and other stuff. He was super helpful, and he said that he was in the midst of switching delivery service that guarantees delivery within a couple business days anywhere in the world. He shipped my package the old way because he was still in the midst of working out the details then and mine took about 10 business days, but sounds like he has made the switch to the new delivery service and it worked out very well. I guess I will just have to place another order soon and see for myself!

6. pixieskid

pixieskid Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2009 Germany

what are these other things...if you care to elaborate.

7. KWMiles

KWMiles Initiate (0) Oct 23, 2012 Minnesota

They pulled out of MN, too. Basterts.

8. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Initiate (0) May 11, 2012 Missouri
    Trader

I'd rather not elaborate on what I can only confirm to be "rumors." Even when a reputable person tells me something I remain skeptical until I see proof, after all Missouri is the "Show Me State" haha. Seriously though, I its not anything illegal, just shady

9. Jeremy6566

Jeremy6566 Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2013 Arizona

Yeah, I was pretty lucky! Those guys at Pond are doing a great job bringing some great stuff to us!

10. twowheelssoar

twowheelssoar Pundit (806) Jul 28, 2009 North Carolina

North Carolina has not seen any in a while, and from the sound of it, won't for the foreseeable future due to disagreements with retailers and distributors over the Great Westy Debacle of 2012.
    I remember seeing Cantillon bottles sit for weeks at Whole Foods just a few years ago. Sigh.

11. Keyportnick

Keyportnick Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2012 Wisconsin

I live in Superior, but lived in Milwaukee for a few years a found on bottle at discount. They don't put it on the shelf. There is distribution of it occasionally though to other stores from what I hear.

12. bennetj17

bennetj17 Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2005 Arizona

We used to get a fair amount but it dried up for a few years. There have been a couple small shipments in the past 6 months or so. I would presume we will see it now and then but you'll pretty much have to know when it hits because they sell out immediately. It doesn't help when all we get are 6 bottle cases on the really good ones.

13. Beerandraiderfan

Beerandraiderfan Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Nevada

When was the last time Cantillon landed in Reno? Seems like its been over a year. . .

14. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

Well if the average amount is close to 0, then getting any is more than average!

vonnegut21 likes this.
  15. jefferyc

jefferyc Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2008 Michigan

could you be more specific? thanks!

16. ShanePB

ShanePB Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2010 Pennsylvania

My last Etre order only took 5 days from the day I clicked Order until it arrived on my porch. It was awesome.

17. stupac2

Pooh-Bah Society

I guess it takes more time to travel across the US than to travel across the Atlantic. I suppose that makes sense...

18. colourfulrainbows

colourfulrainbows Initiate (0) May 25, 2013 California

Weird. I've found that it is much faster (like 2 days) to travel across the country once it clears customs. I think that customs is definitely the bottleneck when placing these online orders.

19. pixieskid

pixieskid Initiate (0) Jun 4, 2009 Germany

fair enough but then what is the point of bringing it up if you dont want to talk about it. Its the same old thing I always read: shelton bros. sucks blah blah blah, but rarely does anyone ever say why they dont like them...

20. stupac2

Pooh-Bah Society

Maybe there's just variance. I've found it takes a pretty set time for packages to get to me from the initiation in Belgium, which is about 7-9 business days (I forget exactly but it's a bit under two actual weeks). Way longer than these other guys. Maybe I'm unlucky? But it's been fairly consistent with my packages and friends' packages. (Heh heh packages.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.