Did I just see a Stone tap handle on True Blood?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by blivingston1985, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anfield86

anfield86 Pooh-Bah (2,594) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Haha it was all over the place. Seth Rogan and several others are drinking Stone IPA and Harpoon IPA in the beginning. The only Narragansett i spotted was an empty bottle before McBride's epic breakfast scene

2. Ivegotmule

Ivegotmule Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2012 North Carolina

I don't watch the show, but doesn't mass media advertising make Stone not craft anymore? Just sayin...

3. Barrel_age_me

Barrel_age_me Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2012 Ohio

More importantly there is an Old Rasputin handle at Fangtasia!!!!

4. Todd

Todd Founder (13,254) Aug 23, 1996 Finland
    Staff Super Mod Pooh-Bah Society Trader

That assumes Stone paid for the placement. Last season Smuttynose made an appearance. There's been others too.

Perhaps someone behind the show is simply a fan of craft beer?

Awesome either way.

5. Brianhophead

Brianhophead Initiate (0) May 16, 2007 Canada (AB)

I think the real question is, what were you doing watching a horrible show like True Blood? Were you watching it because you'd been drinking? :slight_smile:

6. Ivegotmule

Ivegotmule Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2012 North Carolina

Good point, I'm just honored you took the time to reply to my post. I hope it is someone just pimping craft beer. And Stone is one of my fav so I wouldn't care if it was mass media produced, as long as I get my Ruinten.

7. blivingston1985

blivingston1985 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2010 North Carolina

You are one grumpy dwarf.

kemoarps likes this.
  8. HattedClassic

HattedClassic Pooh-Bah (2,433) Nov 23, 2009 Virginia
    Pooh-Bah Society

If you look closely, you'll occasionally see Monroe drinking a Rogue Dead guy on Grimm.

9. blivingston1985

blivingston1985 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2010 North Carolina

And who says it was marketing. You are assuming that Stone paid for that placement.

10. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2010 Texas

It's no worse than any of the crappy CGI movies that overrun the megaplexes every summer. This one I can sit at home and eat my popcorn and drink my beer. And then Veep and Family Tree are on right after. Family Tree is deviously funny.

11. joeebbs

joeebbs Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2009 Pennsylvania

Have never watched the show but I've seen craft tap handles in many programs. Perhaps they were filming at an actual bar that had Stone on tap?

12. jfh

jfh Crusader (440) Apr 25, 2008 California

Just watched S3, Ep1 of Franklin and Bash last night. At the end of the show, they each have a Coors light Al can bottle thing. Wonder why the change?

13. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (1,133) Aug 28, 2009 Florida

*overt "tap that" joke*

14. anfield86

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Because i'm not excited over beer marketing? Hahahaha okay buddy.

15. anfield86

Pooh-Bah Society Trader

You love seeing delicious beers in media. I get it. Personally, i dont care. Youre newer here and probably didnt see the 100+ threads about "Stone Ruination in Weeds?!". Its old news and a repetative subject. We can agree to disagree on this i guess.

You can put lipstick on a pig.....but its still a pig. You say product placement, I say marketing. Regardless, we are talking about the same thing....and no, i dont think stone paid for their placement. Seth probably likes the beer, but again...who gives a fuck.

Oh yeah by the way, good looks noticing my Gimli getting drunk avatar. Not many people figure it out

blivingston1985 likes this.
  16. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada Initiate (0) May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

Yeah, I saw the Light and the Bock in two scenes and was tickled pink

anfield86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.