Upland Brewing Company Sour Release Lottery

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by StargazerC, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridglens

ridglens Pundit (806) Jan 10, 2010 Indiana

I agree, the BA version was killer (drank my last bottle a couple months ago)... I enjoy the regular version was well (especially when they have it for like $3-4 or whatever that sale was!), but definitely prefer the BA version. Hoping they barrel a ton this year (there are quite a few barrels sitting in the corner of the brewery you can barely see from the tasting room window :slight_smile: )

2. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Pundit (897) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

central waters, if you look at the cost per 12oz bottle

3. damngoode

damngoode Zealot (694) Sep 22, 2010 Indiana
    Trader

You've been practicing! Congrats!

4. facesnorth

facesnorth Savant (1,018) May 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Shocked that I won, I don't ever win things.

I put in 1 entry for myself, and 1 for my wife, and we both won, wow.

Now the problem is going to be figuring out how to get down there. Anybody from PA/NJ/NY heading out there?

Been hearing about these sours for a while and incredibly ecstatic to try 'em out.

5. ASUBeer

ASUBeer Initiate (0) Nov 4, 2011 North Carolina

Pro-Tip: Find a local that got shut out. Offer to let them buy your second bottle at cost, and ship you your bottle. Gain long term trading parnter who will help you out with future Upland Lambic releases.

zrab11, aasher, gpawned and 3 others like this.
  6. Ericl2

Ericl2 Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2013 Indiana
    Trader

BM me...might be interested.....I'll also throw in some Three Floyds stuff that you haven't tried before.

aasher likes this.
  7. eyeenjoybeer

eyeenjoybeer Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Seychelles

Just a reminder
    Upland Sour Reserve #3 and Malefactor pickup starts tomorrow.
    I am happy to pick up and ship for anyone who chose Bloomington as their pick up site.
    BM me and we can work it out.

8. fvernon

fvernon Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2010 Wisconsin

Picked up my bottles of SR3 today... as usual, if folks need me to pick up in Bloomington I can as well - just shoot me a BM.

I don't want your second bottle - shoot me a message if you haven't already worked stuff out.

9. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

SECOND BOTTLE???????? unless some super lucky man/woman or man/man or woman/woman couple lucked out, I am to assume these multiple winners utilized nefarious paths to multiple bottles?

10. Boilerfood

Boilerfood Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2012 Indiana

The guy said in his post that both he and his wife were lucky enough to win.

11. nickMB

nickMB Savant (1,118) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

<-----still a bitter, jealous loser. (that evidently can't read)

12. spicoli00

spicoli00 Pooh-Bah (2,231) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana
    Pooh-Bah Society

Email to the brewery pretty muched confirmed this. As in, is there a chance i could pick up a bottle on release date? responder said not a chance in hell.

13. fvernon

fvernon Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2010 Wisconsin

nefarious pathways to multiple bottles were minimized on this round (luckily), but there were a couple of legit ways to get more than one bottle (such as super-lucky couples, and a few very fortunate locals who received a surprise reservation at an upland event earlier this spring and then got doubly-lucky by winning in the lottery as well)

14. TallPaul07

TallPaul07 Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2010 Indiana

False. After they released blackberry and raspberry they did. I bought a case. The time after that, they released the rasp, black, and Gilgamesh to folks that waited in line. I assume they will do the at-the-brewery releases again.

15. eyeenjoybeer

I have gone on multiple occasions, the day after the pickup window for multiple releases, and have been told "no." I am glad to hear that you have had better luck.

16. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2012 Illinois

Locals I'm going to the brewery this week. I'm just stopping in for a brew and leaving what can i expect? Not really looking for anything crazy.

17. eyeenjoybeer

They have their standard beers, nothing crazy...ever. :slight_frown: I hope this changes.

robwestcott and powz87 like this.
  18. powz87

powz87 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2012 Illinois

Cool thanks. I'm not looking for anything crazy. Just wanted to try their standard offerings. Are they good? Is it worth a stop?

19. TheodorHerzl

TheodorHerzl Initiate (0) Mar 30, 2007 Indiana

They do a great job with their sour program obviously, but I find their standard beers to be very off point. Dragonfly for instance isn't an English IPA and isn't an American IPA. No bite or character.

I will say the wheat (I think it's a wit and not a wheat) is very good.

20. eyeenjoybeer

Seems I made incorrect inferences from a flawed sampling strategy. :flushed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.