Against the Grain - Bo and Luke

Discussion in 'South' started by eyeenjoybeer, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anhigdon

anhigdon Initiate (0) Aug 8, 2012 Kentucky

They are released! Currently available at the brewery. Limit 4 per person. Main distribution I was told is Chicago area, some New York possibly since those markets were the first outside of Louisville to carry their beers (staying loyal to their original markets, can't blame them on that). While supplies last, hurry and get yours!

tronto and PHBoiler like this.
  2. tronto

tronto Initiate (0) Dec 22, 2010 Kentucky

today is a good day to live in beautiful Louisville KY!

3. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Pooh-Bah (1,765) Jan 14, 2013 Illinois
    Pooh-Bah

Here's hoping it hits Chicago distro within the next two weeks when I have some site visits to make for my job. Nothing like a little detour to find some excellent beer. I'm sure I'll have to venture into the city to make it happen, but it would be well worth it. I'm just hoping that enough Chicagoland beer enthusiasts haven't had it on draft at Local Option and won't be truck chasing.

4. TheBeerAlmanac

TheBeerAlmanac Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2011 Kentucky

How much per bottle?

I wonder if it's even going to hit Lex after they get through with Chicago and NY....

5. anhigdon

They were $14 a bottle. Released 240 bottles in louisville, but I'm not sure about numbers elsewhere.

SOLD OUT as of 6:01pm today in Louisville, per twitter.

6. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

Got my allotment, wasn't bad, took 20 minutes around 5.

7. TheBeerAlmanac

That's a pretty fair price. Now time to start crossing my fingers...

8. cfaulman

cfaulman Initiate (0) May 1, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

Thank goodness my dad was driving through Louisville this afternoon. Got my 4 bottle allotment.

tronto likes this.
  9. Nrcost2

Nrcost2 Initiate (0) Dec 3, 2010 Kentucky

Can't wait to have to trade with a New Yorker to get a beer made 3 miles from my house.

10. erichall

erichall Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Kentucky

This will be in stores and bars that have supported ATG. Expecting ours next week. Limit One per customer.

11. JerryM1984

JerryM1984 Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2012 Florida

240 bottles total at the brewery itself??? Surely the stores in the city are getting more than that?

12. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Pooh-Bah (1,795) May 13, 2003 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

When I first read about this I was very excited for the state of Ky. Arguably the states first major hype beer release. 4800 bottles, now this is a release that is worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to support the Ky. beer scene and growth. They could release this at the brewery and sell out in a day no problem. So word comes down finally and they are going to release it mostly to...Chicago? Are you kidding me? A brewery located in Kentucky, employing folks from Kentucky and building their brand in Kentucky. I understand that they want to get the name out there and grow the brand but do it local first and see how the support grows from there. Hell, even Three Floyds still releases Dark Lord in the state where they call home. There is a very simple formula for early success= Locals will consistently support you, Locals will spread the word, and locals will review you favorably, especially when you don't neglect them. Support local goes both ways.

13. drfabulous

drfabulous Initiate (0) Jul 23, 2005 Kentucky

If it does hit Lexington this week, can someone grab me two bottles? I'll be out of town. I'll pay you back and grab you stuff in Charleston if you'd like.

14. TheBeerAlmanac

Buddy, I'll buy all I can, assuming limits are lenient. If there are caps, maybe one of our more intimate bottle shops will let me grab your share for you (coughcoughbeertrappecough).

BEERchitect and drfabulous like this.
  15. anhigdon

They have been supporting locals: higher limit per person along with an earlier release date. Plus they are supporting their initial markets that supported them when they were in their infancy. Those are some of the markets that we can thank for AtG still being around. I don't like one of the first good KY beers being shipped out of state for limited releases either, but I hold AtG at no fault and still will be a faithful patron of theirs.

Not sure when it's going to happen, but one of the guys that worked there mentioned "this first batch" but had to get back to work before I could ask when the next might be available.

Side note, for any locals - Sergio's has this on tap at the moment (and no, can't fill growlers, I checked)

johnking82 likes this.
  16. scruz

scruz Devotee (357) Aug 8, 2006 Kentucky

Hey Folks... Im Sam, one of the owners at AtG. First Id like to say thanks to everyone who has followed the release of our collab beer made with De Molen, Bo & Luke. I and the rest of the team at AtG are flattered and grateful that you have supported us and our passion for making beers with the best names ever! :grinning:
    That said, I definitely need to set the record straight on some of the chatter here.
    • We bottled exactly 504 750mL bottles of Bo & Luke, or 42 cases. Im not sure where anyone got the number of 4800 bottles. We're still pretty small. So it will be very difficult for us to crank out a batch of bottles that big in one run. But be rest assured, we will get as much Bo & Luke into the market as is reasonable for the beer to keep its integrity.
    • Of the 504 bottles or 42 cases, we sold 21 cases at AtG on 7/2.
    • The remaining 21 cases (which have not been sold yet) will be distributed like this...
      • 20 cases left our space today to be held in a warehouse for 24 hours. Those 20 cases will then be distributed across the state of KENTUCKY. I'm told that the accounts that have consistently supported our brands from day one will receive an allotment. Beyond that, I have no information as to where or who gets it. Honestly, once it leaves us, its outta our hands. :wink:
      • The remaining 1 case has been sold to our staff at AtG, to ensure that they can get a bottle in all the mayhem.
    • No Bo & Luke from our first run of bottling has left the state and that was entirely by design. We are grateful for those who have supported us and who enjoy our beers, therefore it made perfect sense to send the first batch out to our home state.
    • Although we sent this first batch out here in KY only, please understand that, it is indeed true, we have a very loyal and strong market presence for Bo & Luke in Chicago, Indianapolis, and NYC. We are also very grateful for the folks in those markets who have made it possible for AtG to grow and keep bringing kick ass beers to market. So in our subsequent next releases, some portions will also go to those markets.
    • FYI, there will be some draft releases of Bo & Luke to coincide with the bottle releases in distribution. Keep an eye. Again, I have no idea where, but I do know that there are some kegs out there. I would encourage you to go out and support those folks who are doing draft releases also. They are the last to get Bo & Luke in that format.
    • More FYI, we will be holding our second annual Bo & Luke release party at AtG on Sept 14. that will also include a release of the special versions of B&L as well (Stay Tuned). This event coincides with Louisville Craftbeer Week... so keep an eye out, there will be a lot of cool stuff going on in LVille.
    I just wanna say it again, thanks to everyone that has supported AtG beers. It is truly inspiring to see folks happy over the beers that we love to brew!

Cheers
    Sam Cruz
    El Presidente/Next Level Instagrammer
    Against The Grain Brewery

mythaeus, UcDru, BrettHead and 13 others like this.
  17. KYGunner

KYGunner Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2012 Kentucky

Hey scruz, just wanted you to know that 70k is one of the finest beers I've ever had the privilege to imbibe. Well done.

BEERchitect likes this.
  18. johnking82

johnking82 Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2010 Kentucky

Sam is a dreamboat.

19. fritts211

fritts211 Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Tennessee

Thanks for the knowledge drop, jefe Sam. Hope you stick around and keep all of our wild speculations in line. I look forward to meeting you and attempting to barter for a keg of special Bo and Luke, so that I can drink/bathe in it. Cheers!

johnking82 likes this.
  20. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Pooh-Bah (1,795) May 13, 2003 Kentucky
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

A big thanks goes out to Sam for shedding some factual light on the situation. I was not trying to spread false speculation, just going on what information I had. I am very much looking forward to trying this brew and will seek it out.

I was planning on making a trip today to Lexington if it was possible that it might hit sometime on Wednesday in that market. That would make a fine Birthday present if I could track down a bottle. Does anyone know if it will be making it to Lexington on Wednesday?

Reading the post again I see that it is pretty much impossible that it will hit Lexington on Wednesday. Maybe next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.