In Tampa/St.Pete for 3 days...what not to miss?

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by joshuacavett, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshuacavett

joshuacavett Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2010 Texas

I am going to be in Tampa & St. Petersburg for the next three days. Is there any must do's as far as bottle shop, restaurants etc? Getting on the plane today & returning Wrdnesday.

2. joshodonn

joshodonn Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2011 Florida

If you do nothing else, you must visit the Cigar City tasting room. It's pretty close to the airport so you could hit it on your way in or out if you can't fit time in the middle. You'll drive by a Total Wine on your way to CCB so I'd stop in there to pick up any bottles that you might want to take back with you. Another place to consider would be Peg's Cantina in Gulfport, they put out some fantastic brews as well. Datz Deli in South Tampa is a great spot to grab lunch/dinner and they usually a pretty good draft list. Tampa Bay Brewing in Ybor has some excellent food and they make some pretty tasty suds as well. There are World of Beer locations all over the Tampa/St. Pete area and they usually ahve 40+ taps and several hundred bottles to choose from. My personal favorite bar is the Brass Tap, so if you find yourself in Brandon or New Tampa/Wesley Chapel area you should stop by there.

Shaw likes this.
  3. joshuacavett

Thanks. I will be going tomorrow night to the brewery. Picked up some really good beers already & I found a store with some limited beers ( they have espresso, vuja de, 110k +OT, Big Sound, Guava Grove & even a Huna but for $50 (not paying that much)). Thanks for the input!

4. GameFreac

GameFreac Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2011 Georgia

What store?

fullmetal1381 likes this.
  5. joshodonn

joshodonn Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2011 Florida

Hmmm... Interesting that you found a Huna for sale considering it was never released for distribution.... Sounds like a good way for that store to find themselves some trouble with CCB and/or the law....

HopsJunkiedotcom likes this.
  6. joshuacavett

Went to the store and the guy is good friends with head brewer, had great beer knowledge of his beer selection and this was an awesome store. Had awesome beers and according to him they are going to get a beer that will be brewed for this store only. Don't want to give the name of the store to get them in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.