Hill Farmstead Bottle releases

Discussion in 'New England' started by mobius387, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bird22

bird22 Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2011 California

This.

Trevdawg likes this.
  2. Takeanotherswing

Takeanotherswing Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2011 New York
    Trader

Well, it means that craft beer has a real strong following. I mean people must travel far and wide for some of your festivals, and I don't see anything wrong with that. The extreme beer geekage has definitely gotten a bit out of hand though. There are limits for me personally, where I factor in the big picture and real life. A lot of people feel they NEED most of these beers.

3. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Looking forward to this release, just a question for the veterans. Does Shaun mind if people start lining up around 7-8am?

4. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2012 New Hampshire

It's his home.

5. RKing44

RKing44 Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2012 Massachusetts

Ok, so when is it appropriate to start lining up at someones home which is also their place of business?

pjl44 likes this.
  6. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2012 New Hampshire

I would say after 9:30 acceptable, but that is my assumption. But feel free to email Shaun, he will answer. We just need to respect their property and keep in mind it is also his home.

7. Respirologist

Respirologist Zealot (732) Feb 26, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

You know what happens when you assume....

Trevdawg likes this.
  8. Janeinma

Janeinma Initiate (0) May 24, 2009 Massachusetts

Assuming we should give Shaun and his family some respect is one assumption I would be willing to make.

Trevdawg and cfrances33 like this.
  9. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

I'm sure it seems silly to you but for the rest of these plebeians with no connections in the industry they can't just get invited to the barrel room and have samples from everthing in there while shootin the shit all day with the brewer. Lots of people want to try these beers and standing in line at 8am is really then only way to do that. Or they can pay top dollar on the black market.

LopeJuice, cfrances33, Kelp and 5 others like this.
  10. IPAkindaguy

IPAkindaguy Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2010 Florida

Curious Question: Last release I went to was the GoM bottle release and I showed up at 3 with no lines and plenty of bottles left... Is this release going to be a lot busier? (Judging from the posts on here Im assuming so).Never been to one of the bigger bottle releases, seeing if it is really worth the drive.

11. HopsintheSack

HopsintheSack Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 California

I would be interested in the real time people should show up. I may be passing through the area early-mid morning, but would have never know its also someone's house without reading it here.

12. GoGriz

GoGriz Zealot (648) Dec 2, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

You jerks can thank me later for this pro tip - apple cider donut holes w/ maple bacon ice cream at the Pig. The end.

Auror, dgthrasher and pisano like this.
  13. LopeJuice

LopeJuice Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2012 New York
    Trader

I just drooled on myself, thanks.

14. Jason

Jason Founder (0) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

Going to lock this one out ... bit too much off topic. Each special bottle release should have its own thread & will be locked down soon after it is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.