Ft. Lauderdale/Miami

Discussion in 'South Atlantic' started by Jparkanzky, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2011 Ohio

Was in the state of Florida for less than 3 hours, and managed to knock this one off the list..... will be back too.

sliverX, Ravenacht and jcb7472 like this.
  2. SILVER

SILVER Zealot (644) Jan 3, 2007 Florida

What time were you there?

3. Jparkanzky

Early.... noon or so. Landed at 11am, checked into Hotel, drove there!

The "Lounge" didn't open until 5, so I still need to go there.

sliverX likes this.
  4. SILVER

I met an out of towner there yesterday who was in for the first time and I thought that might have been you. He had a flight, "just to see what they were like" and left saying he would be back, but that was around 2-3 PM, =/- .

5. Jparkanzky

I had a flight. Not sure it was that late though. Who knows.... might have been me. I had a flight, a snifter of the Nitro, etc.

Bought a glass, and I'm definitely going back.

sliverX likes this.
  6. SILVER

The fellow I talked to left empty handed. I'm normally there in the afternoons, when I'm there. If you happen to see me, say hello. I look just like my avatar, but usually wear a cap.

7. Jparkanzky

Tap 42's tap list sucked my sack. Left to go to Funky Buddha again, and it was closed. Too late to try to head to the lounge, so back at hotel to drink Jai Alai, and plot my ventures for tomorrow.

Passed something with the name "Wolf" in it, on my way from Tap 42 to Funky Buddha..... will have to check the map to see if I mistakenly passed up Laser Wolf on that trip.... If I did, it's close to Funky Buddha (3 mi) so I'll plan on going there and Funky Buddha another night.

sliverX likes this.
  8. SILVER

Tap 42 is a bit commercial.
    Laser Wolf is cool, but they open at 5 PM on week nights and 8 PM on Saturdays. Yes it is close to FB.
    Search your map for The Riverside Market. I recommend!

9. jcb7472

jcb7472 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

A good plan is to go to Funky Buddha til they close at midnight, then hit Laser Wolf. Riverside Market is also pretty good but I think they close early as well (11 pm maybe?).

Tap 42 sometimes gets some really good stuff on tap, but then they charge like $9 or $10 a pint of it, so you feel like you're getting ripped off. Check out Laser Wolf. Not a large tap list but they have some nice growlers and bottles and the dudes that work there are real cool and laid back.

10. Jparkanzky

I'm putting everything on the expense report, so over-priced pints don't concern me.... I just have to try to order some food with everything so they don't get too pissy about it.

Went to the Funky Buddha lounge last night..... awful stand-up going on, but awesome tap-list.... Key Lime Berliner was a highlight, in addition to Grapefruit Ruination.

Question about PEG's and CCB......

Planning on a trip up that way, but I can go either Tuesday, or Saturday.

Saturday will be much busier I'm sure, but as far as taplists etc. are concerned, is there an advantage in going one day versus the other?

11. TysonA

TysonA Initiate (0) Dec 12, 2010 Washington

I just left Riverside and it was great. Awesome atmosphere, good beer like up and the staff was super helpful.

Definite return spot for future visits.

12. BKnarr

BKnarr Pundit (870) Sep 5, 2012 Florida
    Deactivated

The only obvious difference, besides not having to fight the CCB weekend horde, is Growler Tuesday.

cyrushire likes this.
  13. gjoker321

gjoker321 Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2007 Florida

I haven't noticed a difference in tap list from Tuesday to Saturday and the Saturday crowds can get ridiculous (like ten minutes waiting for a beer last time I went). What time Tuesday would you be able to make it up? Like BKnarr mentioned Tuesday is growler Tuesday! The tasting room opens at 1100 AM, then a special growler is released at 1200 (line usually forms by 1130). They also have an American Stout on Nitro for growler fills that is f'en amazing (Zhukov recipe with some subtle, but pronounced, differences). Looks like Zhukov, Good Gourd, Jose Marti and a few others available available also.

14. Jparkanzky

I'll plan to leave Weston FL when I wake up.... probably a 3.5 hour drive, probably wake up at 7 or 7:30 depending on if I can get back to my hotel room before 4am this time!

gjoker321 likes this.
  15. SILVER

When you get a chance, gives some notes on your stay in our fair city.

gjoker321 likes this.
  16. Jparkanzky

I hit Cycle Brewing, CCB, and Peg's today.

Very impressed, and I'm glad to have discovered Cycle, since apparently Peg's brews all of their beers (for the time being) Apparently it just opened up a couple of weeks ago.

17. SILVER

Are you on a business trip or just having a great vacation?

18. Jparkanzky

Work

19. Jparkanzky

Does laser wolf have food? Can't tell from their website

20. jcb7472

jcb7472 Initiate (0) Jul 13, 2011 Florida

They don't serve food, but they always have a food truck outside, usually selling something like tacos, pizza, or hot dogs/burgers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.