Founders Breakfast Stout

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by braggheim, Sep 6, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braggheim

braggheim Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 Indiana

I know that Breakfast Stout bottles don't hit the shelf until October, but does anyone have thoughts on when you could maybe see it at the Founder's taproom? I am hoping to make my first visit the last week of September and am hoping it could be on by then?

2. alelover

alelover Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2012 Michigan

guess what....

they've already hit shelves

match1112 likes this.
  3. bound4er

bound4er Maven (1,347) Jul 4, 2007 Wisconsin

Just picked up a 2013 4-pack. I had to double check the date code to make sure it wasn't 2012 goods. Bottled on 8/22/13.

4. alelover

got mine in ohio.. haven't seen it in michigan yet but its clearly out of state already hitting shelves so id imagine its at founders..

5. Steimie

Steimie Maven (1,404) Jan 7, 2012 Michigan

Founders is closed for a few days, I believe.

match1112 and alelover like this.
  6. incutrav

incutrav Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2007 Minnesota

What is the deal its supposed to be in six packs now?

7. alelover

^this

but when they open shop back up id imagine they would have it.. if not im sure they will by end of the month.. you should be good to go OP.

8. alelover

no idea.. all i seen was 4-packs and cases of 4-packs...

9. Steimie

They nixed that. 4pks again.

10. Stevedore

Stevedore Grand Pooh-Bah (5,072) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Man. Gotta go out and try some fresh FBS again.. I can't figure out if I like it fresh or with a year on it. So much chocolate & minimal coffee on the one-year old FBS I had this week.

11. getinked

getinked Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2012 Ukraine
    Deactivated

12. braggheim

braggheim Initiate (0) Feb 5, 2013 Indiana

I was just thinking this the other day. I am digging the chocolate goodness from last years stock, but I originally loved this beer for the coffee notes. I decided to buy extra this year to set up some vertical tastings. Great brew IMO!

13. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

Love the coffee. Can't wait to buy 4 bottles for the same price that 6 bottles were last year. At these price increases I won't be able to afford good beer in about 5 years.

14. bgrzywa2

bgrzywa2 Zealot (714) Nov 8, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Did Wisconsin get different packaging than the rest of the U.S.?

15. Ri0

Ri0 Initiate (0) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin

You're right, I am confusing this with Red's Rye. I think I'm getting old or drinking too much beer. Well, now I feel better. :grinning:

alelover likes this.
  16. szmnnl99

szmnnl99 Pooh-Bah (1,904) Apr 3, 2006 Michigan
    Pooh-Bah

Drinking great now, coffee and chocolate are balanced.

17. emilyLOVESlime

emilyLOVESlime Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2009 California

I'm so excited to come home on Thursday and fill my luggage with this beer <3

MichPaul and Zaphog like this.
  18. BlackNote

BlackNote Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2013 Michigan

Looks like it just hit stores today in Kalamazoo.....

19. ScottyG

ScottyG Initiate (0) Jul 12, 2013 Michigan

Someone is full of it or something. According to Founders website, it is in 6 packs. Here is a snip from their website.
    I was in our liquor store getting a sixer yesterday and the distributor rep was there and I asked him straight up about FBS and he said it is not out yet and it will not be until October. Not sure what you guys are seeing or getting.

Seasonal Lineup: Two Seasons, Six-Packs

In 2013, Founders will offer two seasonals: Breakfast Stout (October through February) and All Day IPA (March through September). Both of these beers will be available in six-packs and on draft. We have hop contracts in place that will allow us to brew enough All Day IPA to ship it out to all of our markets for a retail launch on March 1, and we couldn’t be more eager to share this beer with even more people than in 2012, when we had a limited release. And, yes, if you didn’t catch that, we are going to move Breakfast Stout from a four-pack to a six-pack when it is released again in October 2013, and it will maintain the same suggested retail price of $9.99.

http://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2012/2013-availability-calendar/?av-submitted=true

20. Steimie

Czar_chasm and ScottyG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.