White Chocolate possibly infected; Patrick Rue responds

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by calidelphia, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

Just lock the thread already. No need to keep bashing the 2013 if it seems you'll be taken care of.

Buck86 likes this.
  2. rrryanc

rrryanc Pundit (884) May 19, 2006 California

I'm confident we still have a ways to go before we hit that peak. And unfortunately, it's more a question of when than if.

3. m34josh

m34josh Crusader (496) Oct 19, 2009 California
    Trader

Agreed. 22,200+ views and 4 people like it as much as last year. So get your refunds, or drink it. No need to keep beating this dead, tainted, kinda White Chocolate flavored horse

4. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 California

Hope you're not counting me as one that likes it as much as last year. I got a good bottle, have yet to taste one with what everyone is complaining about with this "big green apple" flavor, but I think what i've had is fine. Fine, but not as good as last years, and I think most people that have gotten good bottles or had it on draft would agree.

5. DougOLis

DougOLis Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2008 California

I doubt it hurt them too much in '13 as everyone already bought their bottles in the RS/HS under the assumption that it would be comparable to '12. I'm guessing it will hurt them more in '14 when no one knows what it's going to be now; could hurt with future sales of White Oak and other White Oak Sap based beers too.

6. messanthrope

messanthrope Initiate (0) Aug 15, 2013 California

bought 5 not gonna get a refund... I know bruery will find a way to pay it forward

KevSal and huadog like this.
  7. the_trystero

the_trystero Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2013 California

I shared my 3rd bottle with 5 beer geeks today, blind, 4 of whom have never had WC before. All exclaimed it dry and tart, 2 loved it, 2 thought it was ok, and 2 didn't like it. In the context of the additional description up on the site I think it's ok. I won't be bothering with emailing the Bruery and I'll enjoy the 4th bottle in the right time and place.

Callmecoon and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  8. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2011 California

2nd bottle was had today, dated 6/18. Again, while it was not as good as last years, no green apple, and definitely not a drainpour for anyone involved. As I can see it, there is either a ton of bottle variation even on the same bottling day, or the people who were thinking infection are crazy.

Callmecoon likes this.
  9. gregmoscetti

gregmoscetti Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2009 California

Definitely some bottle variations. We were discussing thisat the Bruery Friday night and they just pulled down a bottle and poured a round for everyone hanging there. It was very good but they noted there had been bottles with more of a tart note to them.

10. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2008 California

got to try the 2013 at the Clusterfork yesterday. I like last years better. I can see where some people get a slight tartness, but definitely not infected. While I thought it was okay, my friend thought it was terrible, though i don't know if he has had the 2012.

11. Franch

Franch Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2011 District of Columbia

huge green apple kick on my 6/18. poured it. :cry:

12. usofar

usofar Initiate (0) Dec 23, 2010 California

I had it at the first session of the Clusterfork yesterday and poured it out after a couple sips. I agree it's not infected but it's not what I was expecting to taste. I won't be writing to complain about the 3 bottles I purchased, but I certainly won't be buying any more white chocolate from 2013 or in the future without tasting it first.

DougOLis and nanobrew like this.
  13. errantnight

errantnight Initiate (0) Jul 7, 2005 District of Columbia
    Trader

Except: barrel aging.

14. KevSal

KevSal Pooh-Bah (2,916) Oct 17, 2010 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

I was really excited about this beer, I'm one of few who loved last years in my circle of beer drinkers, wish I had more. I can't complain about this years cuz I haven't opened any of my bottles yet lol. I know it's not the same as last years vintage but I hope I enjoy it still.
    Still a lot of good beers to go!

15. DovaliHops

DovaliHops Initiate (0) Nov 16, 2009 California

No harm on my end. Bought ONE bottle so I could contribute to my vertical I do some day. Not interested in drinking this fresh anyways. This and Tart of Darkness were the only beers I did not max out on (and buy more of) thus far.

16. F2brewers

F2brewers Maven (1,378) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Thread has run its course.

For those interested in resolving this issue directly with The Bruery, refer to post #253 in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.